• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling faint

Ines4C

Hi guys, I'm just having a bit of am episode right now. I was in a restaurant earlier, had pasta with slow cooked lamb and a few parmesan shavings, and a cappuccino made with ss milk, and, admittedly I had a bit of sugary vanilla syrup in it. Immediately after I felt okay. That was about one and a half hours ago. Now suddenly I feel faint and shaky. I don't normally get dumping this way or this laid. Also this weekend we got up late twice so skipped breakfast. Could it be lack of protein, vitamins etc? Any help greatly appreciated.

Have you kept your fluids up? if you've been on the go, its not likely and so you may actually have dropped your bp.

Actually I have been drinking more in the last few days then I would drink at home. My friend loves her tea, and I drink one every time she would have one, so I have managed to keep my fluids up more than ever.

It's possible then that it's fatty foods. That tends to cause the late stage dumping I think.

This is the type of dumping I usually experience and I can usually narrow it down to too much fat .. It doesn't take a lot and most of the time it's when I have had no control over ingredients. It can hit me 1-4 hours after eating. For me the episodes are almost identical in feeling apart from that I don't get the sleepies with them but get awful steatorrhea which I don't get with the sugary dump.
I had a typical dump last night on my reduced fat ice cream (on my diet sheet) that I have been fine with up until now :(. I don't get those types very often as I find sweet stuff easier to avoid. The fatty dump is not so easy to avoid though especially if eating out as you have no control over the chefs artistry despite what you think are healthy choices.
Hope you are feeling better today hun xx

I think I should have declined the extra cheese... Felt like I wanted a treat, was a mistake. Like I said, lesson learnt.

I think I should have declined the extra cheese... Felt like I wanted a treat, was a mistake. Like I said, lesson learnt.

It's one of those things hun ... You wanted a treat which is no crime & it hasn't been an issue before so you didn't know ;). So don't be hard on yourself and no doubt there will be other lessons to be learnt along the way. It is certainly a journey of pitfalls that's for sure :) xx

You know what a long termer and I can eat a food fine one day,
But another day it can cause me horrid dumping/sickness.
No day is the same for me,but that's ok I'm learning to get used to it now..lol

Yeah the body decides how it feels on specific days. What suits one day doesn't the next. xx

Yeah the body decides how it feels on specific days. What suits one day doesn't the next. xx

It's weird isn't it Chrisa?
It can really catch you off guard.
Must admit I can get a bit annoyed when I know I can eat something fine,but then it decides "no your not having that today"..lol

Hi, I having been getting this, spoke to hospital they have told me its late dumping, told me to eat more and more protein and complex carbs, been trying that today, except that I feel like I have been eating all day, I def feel better. Look up low GI foods x

Back