• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A timely reminder... be warned this is long!

Well done! Your weight loss is really good :D

Well done! Your weight loss is really good :D

Thank you Sophie, I feel so much better in myself and even have a bit more energy than i did before already. I know the loss won't keep up at this level but it is reassuring to see that it has worked. Now i just need to keep my head in the right mood.

Were you told how big your pouch is? i would love to know. I had half a banana today for lunch, couldnt manage the rest, given up making full cups of coffee. But really need to up my liquids. Just much prefer really cold drinks, unfortunately my pouch doesnt.

How is it going for you Sophie? feeling happier?

It's still very early days. You will be able to drink more over the next two weeks and start meeting your nutrition targets.

Sar2567 said:
Thank you Sophie, I feel so much better in myself and even have a bit more energy than i did before already. I know the loss won't keep up at this level but it is reassuring to see that it has worked. Now i just need to keep my head in the right mood.

Were you told how big your pouch is? i would love to know. I had half a banana today for lunch, couldnt manage the rest, given up making full cups of coffee. But really need to up my liquids. Just much prefer really cold drinks, unfortunately my pouch doesnt.

How is it going for you Sophie? feeling happier?

Much happier thanks. Really settled into a 'normal' life with my bypass now :)

In a few weeks you will feel the same. Drinking of anything is pretty good now. I can now do cold and hot with comfort.

Happy days :D

omg Sophie! just noticed as i am on proper computer that you have nearly lost 100 lbs!!!! you must be so chuffed! so pleased for you.

Sar2567 said:
omg Sophie! just noticed as i am on proper computer that you have nearly lost 100 lbs!!!! you must be so chuffed! so pleased for you.

Thanks Shell!! I am very happy. Hopefully weigh in at the hospital on Monday will push me over the 100lbs :)

Ok, so now 3 weeks in from my op and this week i have lost another 5lbs. very pleased.

I have also been able to start having puree food. Wasn't totally sure what this meant i could have, i also was worried about having carbs again. But so far i have had some cheesy mash potato, carrot and swede mash, ricotta and spinach, tuna and light mayo, bit thicker soups. Enjoying having a few more things to taste.

Wearing my size 16 jeans today that i had given up on ever getting back into so quite pleased with myself. About to order my part way target dress, which is for my friends wedding in August. just not sure whether i should get a 16 or a 14. Don't want it to be tight and make me look stupid, but then dont want it to be too big either. Suppose i should wait til closer but i love this dress and really don't want it to not be available when i go to get it!

I would go for 12 or 14. If you are in size 16 jeans now, August you will be hooooot!!! :D

The weight is falling of you. So 16 will be like a tent by August lol

Fuffs said:
I would go for 12 or 14. If you are in size 16 jeans now, August you will be hooooot!!! :D

The weight is falling of you. So 16 will be like a tent by August lol

Sophie you are so sweet! I really can't imagine a 16 falling off me! I was thinking that I'd rather it be a bit bigger and not touching so get a 16 rather than squash into a size 14, I was a size 12/14 when I was at uni in brum and I looked terrible, so gaunt. Didn't loose weight healthily though so really hoping that the weight drops differently now.

When do people introduce exercise and what? I am fairly limited in what I can do due to my disability. Going to but links mine head with the family this weekend so will be going swimming- little early I know but wounds have healed nicely. My one foot and leg is not reliable so things like riding a bike are out at the moment. Any ideas?

I understand what you mean. But sticking to 14 then lol

I went swimming from week 4 with approval from my team. Some wore waterproof dressings. My wounds were dry and healed almost instantly. So I didnt wear them swimming and was fine.

Not sure what other exercises to suggest due to your disability.

Have a lovely break on Minehead :) xxx

Our gp here has details of a local NHS service offering exercise aimed at disability. They do chair classes, tai chi, etc.

Also, the local leisure centre offers disabled swimming sessions, and disabled classes.

Plus there is Riding for the Disabled (RDA) which is brilliant for building and maintaining core strength, there is normally a waiting list. Most Zumba teachers offer a special class called Zumba Gold which is aimed at elderly/disabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks for the ideas shellbell and Sophie! Will ask my gp if there is anything going on round here. Not sure there is anything at the leisure centre.

Just weighed a day early as going away in the morning and have lost another 5lb's this week! Down to 14 stone 7lbs, really pleased. That is 3 stone since I went for my initial consultation at the end of march. Let's see how much I put on this week where I have fully inclusive meals. Plenty of exercise to get it off though!

Ok well this week has been a bit up and down as last weekend we were at butlins full board with much temptation. I was pretty good but it was difficult when I was not in charge of food and trying to find things that I could have. Then this week I have been off work as it is half term and have slept a lot, I did realise that the last couple of weeks would catch up with me.

I am avoiding the scales as I think at best I have stayed the same, however last night I ordered some jeans from next as my current pairs are too big now without a belt. They arrived this morning and I now fit into a size 16 pair of jeans!!! I also bought a pair of 16 trousers from sainsburys, for work, they fit too!!! I am amazed! Really can not remember the last time I could say I was a size 16 trousers. I have hips and thighs for most of England!

Right well back on track, definitely in a size 16 now which I am really pleased with. Weighed today on my new, hopefully much more reliable, scales and weigh 14 stone 4lbs. Can not believe that I will soon be 13 something, no idea when I was last that size. Can not believe that I have only just reached 6 weeks in.

Had my hair chopped yesterday, new me, new hairstyle. They straightened it at the same time and my wife hates my hair straight so not totally sure yet how short it will be once I am curly lol.

Had my appt with the dietician this week. Seeing as it was my first appt since the opp and the first contact with THG I expected much more. The after care is really poor!

Kiefer Aqua Fitness Swimming Belt Adults: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors
At my physio gym classes we had a lecture on aqua exercises & our physio showed us an aqua belt which he said was very good for supporting weight & joints as one of my group can only walk on crutches a small distance. He also said that you can just put it on in chest or shoulder deep water & just walk/jog across the pool with no impact on your bady as you are totally supported. He said is was great exercise. Here is an amazon link but google it & there's lots of info. Hope it helps coz you can just do it yourself no need for classes.

Not been around for a while, so busy catching up with everyone's journey. I am now in a size 14 jeans, something I can never remember previously at any age! I weigh 13 stone 3lbs. So pleased with how things are going. Lost 4 1/2 stone since may. On the bad side I didn't think I would be bothered about my tummy 'apron' but I think as I hit goal it will psychologically hold me back. Really hoping that as I paid privately for the op, the nhs will do a tummy tuck, I can but hope.

I haven't managed yet to reduce my pain meds but I am much more mobile than I ever was previously and that was my main reason for having surgery. So in that sense, £9k well spent!

Back