• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

Anyone using crimpolene shall go to the gallows lol

Crimpolene don't forget was the new fabric to wash, hang to dry and never needed ironing, so no wonder it was so popular, bless our mums.

Woooooooooo!! 101lb total loss! So excited!

Sorry I've been a bit absent for you beauts lately. I have been dipping in and out. Things have been vee full-on recently and my new house refurb project is nearing completion. Move in on 24 April. Sooooooooooo, nine months post-op I have a new home, a new body, a new wardrobe, a new life and even maybe a new man ... ;-) I'll keep you posted on that last one, folks.

Take care. Love you all loads xxxxxxxx

Yayyy Life sounds so good for you right now Lilac :)...

Congrats lilac, sounds like its all coming together for you. And over 100lb thats amazing!! Very inspirational x

Woooooooooo!! 101lb total loss! So excited! Sorry I've been a bit absent for you beauts lately. I have been dipping in and out. Things have been vee full-on recently and my new house refurb project is nearing completion. Move in on 24 April. Sooooooooooo, nine months post-op I have a new home, a new body, a new wardrobe, a new life and even maybe a new man ... ;-) I'll keep you posted on that last one, folks. Take care. Love you all loads xxxxxxxx
congrats!

Nine months to the day since my bypass. I celebrated by buying a pair of size 10 jeans which fit perfectly. If you had told me then that I would have done this today I would have laughed ... But here I am ...

The journey to this point from size 24 has not been easy ... But I think back to those first few challenging months post-op when I thought "WTF have I done??!!!", and know now that every moment was worth it.

All those awaiting surgery or who have just had your op, please push through - there really is a great life post bypass. Yes, I can't eat very much and my loose skin is not great but it is a small price to pay. Good luck to you all xxxx

Fantastic hon. You are indeed inspirational :)

whoop whoop whoop.. size 10. wow, I think I skipped size 10 and went straight to xl when I was growing up.

Fantastic. You are an inspiration xxx good luck in your exciting life :)

Thanks guys. I can vaguely recall being able to wear a 12/14 when I was about 12years old ... But have never been smaller than a 16/18 in adult life (and was only a 16 briefly when I lost six stone 20 years ago through amphetamines and self-starvation).

It's a very VERY weird feeling stepping on the scales in the hope that I have NOT lost weight ... Mind blowing! Nobody said it was easy - and this is probably one of the biggest head-f*cks of the journey so far: getting down about losing weight. WTF???!!!!!

All good tho ... Just! ;-)

Another three lbs off will put my BMI in 'normal'. Who'd have thunk it!

xxxx

Yayyyyy well done ... That us truly the holy grail isn't it ... Normal BMI!
You inspire me to keep going hun because I remember your posts about how hard the last three stones are and that is where I am just now. You give me hope :) xx

Aww bless ya Frankie. Love you loads! You see we all inspire one another - that's the measure of a good forum, don't you agree? I cannot even begin to start expressing how inspiring I've found watching your super-loser journey, and utter respect to you. Yes, the Christmas/new year stall seemed never ending, but in the last six weeks or so it has started moving again, as you can see. I would say don't get too hung-up (easier said than done, I know), and have faith you will lurch eventually. You are a little over a month behind me (with a massive journey behind you - think of that NSV of carrying that obese woman on your back 24/7 - not anymore, you ain't hun). Three stone? You will be saying byeeee to that soon enough - but remember the loose skin hunnie, that weighs shedloads unfortunately which can affect the accuracy of the flipping BMI meter ... Hate it almost as much as my scales TBH.

Hugs, you loser! ;-)

xxxxxx

Thanks hun :) xx

Well, here am I at 150lbs (10stone 10lbs). That is a loss of 7stone 12lbs. Very happy.

The most amazing thing happened today - someone who did not know me before my bypass called me "dainty"!!!! And he meant it!!!! I have been called it before - but sarcastically. I don't have words to explain how fantastic and amazing that comment felt.

Back