• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

Awww I'm so pleased for you lilac :). Compliments are the most uplifting things aren't they xx

Well, here am I at 150lbs (10stone 10lbs). That is a loss of 7stone 12lbs. Very happy.

The most amazing thing happened today - someone who did not know me before my bypass called me "dainty"!!!! And he meant it!!!! I have been called it before - but sarcastically. I don't have words to explain how fantastic and amazing that comment felt.

Wow wow wow...amazing!

Ooooh we weigh the same!!!

Congratulations, has your head caught up? I go through phases of not wanting to see myself then I can't help looking at myself. Everything has changed I don't feel the same inside. It's quite a difficult time. I just wondered if others felt the same, perhaps I should make a post.

Ooooh we weigh the same!!!

Everything has changed I don't feel the same inside. It's quite a difficult time. I just wondered if others felt the same, perhaps I should make a post.

Going through exactly the same thing at the moment - and get stupidly embarrrassed when people comment on my appearance now, have no idea what clothes to buy, feel like I need help to become the new me! I'm sure we'll get there in the end :D

Going through exactly the same thing at the moment - and get stupidly embarrrassed when people comment on my appearance now, have no idea what clothes to buy, feel like I need help to become the new me! I'm sure we'll get there in the end :D

Oh Carrie, it's as if people actually notice you when your slimmer, listen to you, I feel vulnerable. Yeah I'm sure we will in time x

Interesting. I do not associate with the person I was this time last year ... And am deeply embarrased by her. I thought at that time I didn't really have an issue with my size but how wrong was I. This is especially the case when it comes to male company. It is very hard not to play the clown anymore as that is how I was - hoping they would see my personality was bigger than my body. Now I just need to let my body do the talking ... Come to mumma! I seem to be doing quite well ... I have my eyes firmly set on a (I think) willing victim ... We'll see ...

There is no right or wrong way to deal with our changes. For me, I know without a shadow of doubt that I am now the person I've always wanted to be ... I have no 'issues' adjusting at all, not one jot. My weight has taken away 50 years of my life, it will not take away 50seconds more ... I love the new me, and the power I know I now have - especially over men. Does that sound terrible? I still have my blinding personality but now also have the body to knock them dead in their tracks. Go me! xxxxx

Interesting. I do not associate with the person I was this time last year ... And am deeply embarrased by her. I thought at that time I didn't really have an issue with my size but how wrong was I. This is especially the case when it comes to male company. It is very hard not to play the clown anymore as that is how I was - hoping they would see my personality was bigger than my body. Now I just need to let my body do the talking ... Come to mumma! I seem to be doing quite well ... I have my eyes firmly set on a (I think) willing victim ... We'll see ... There is no right or wrong way to deal with our changes. For me, I know without a shadow of doubt that I am now the person I've always wanted to be ... I have no 'issues' adjusting at all, not one jot. My weight has taken away 50 years of my life, it will not take away 50seconds more ... I love the new me, and the power I know I now have - especially over men. Does that sound terrible? I still have my blinding personality but now also have the body to knock them dead in their tracks. Go me! xxxxx

How wonderful!! I'm really happy for you, when I think back I put my fat suit on to get away from being hit on by men. We all have deep rooted issues maybe, just as all our personalities are different. Its really great that you're making every second count x

Thanks ClaireM. I can identify with what you say totes too. Also, because I feel sexy I'm finding men more attractive than I used to. I conclude that it's chemistry - before there was no point in finding a man attractive as it would not be reciprocated. Now ... You look gorgeous in your avatar BTW xx

This thread I started is titled 'Six Months Later' - it is actually 10 months tomorrow since my bypass (I don't know how to change the title ...). Here are my latest before and after photos. Size 22/24 to a 10/12. I am so happy ... xxx

Attachments

• Me before.jpg
    Me before.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 212
  • Me April 14.jpg
    Me April 14.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 234
Interesting. I do not associate with the person I was this time last year ... And am deeply embarrased by her. I thought at that time I didn't really have an issue with my size but how wrong was I. This is especially the case when it comes to male company. It is very hard not to play the clown anymore as that is how I was - hoping they would see my personality was bigger than my body. Now I just need to let my body do the talking ... Come to mumma! I seem to be doing quite well ... I have my eyes firmly set on a (I think) willing victim ... We'll see ...

There is no right or wrong way to deal with our changes. For me, I know without a shadow of doubt that I am now the person I've always wanted to be ... I have no 'issues' adjusting at all, not one jot. My weight has taken away 50 years of my life, it will not take away 50seconds more ... I love the new me, and the power I know I now have - especially over men. Does that sound terrible? I still have my blinding personality but now also have the body to knock them dead in their tracks. Go me! xxxxx

No lilac it certainly does not sound terrible ...it's bloody fantastic!! I'm of the exact same mindset although I have 52 years under my belt but I'm fortunate that I have been married to a wonderful man for 34 of those years.
You go for it girl!!

This thread I started is titled 'Six Months Later' - it is actually 10 months tomorrow since my bypass (I don't know how to change the title ...). Here are my latest before and after photos. Size 22/24 to a 10/12. I am so happy ... xxx
:wow: you are stunning!!

Lilac...u look absolutely fantasticxx

Wow! What a difference. You look fantastic.

Whoo woo n more woos :)

Back