• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling full after a drink??

Andrea73

Hi all

Firstly I hope everyone had a fabby Christmas and New Year.

Secondly I am looking for some advice. I am 15 months out from my bypass and generally coping well but recently I have been struggling with some foods. For example today I went to the cafe and started with a coffee. I drank my coffee and was absolutely full and couldn't eat anything. I have been finding this more and more. All I have had today is the small bite of a panini and half a pack of Dairylee Dunkers and I feel bloated and uncomfortable.

Any ideas on what this could be and should I do anything about it.

Many thanks

Oh I cant think what it might be hun, maybe its a good idea to have a word with your team. I know restriction changes daily but that seems a bit extreme and 15 months out too! Good Luck I hope you get something sorted :D XX

Im 2 years out and ever day is differant I manages a pub lunch the other day but have struggled with a round of toast today

Wow, I thought the longer out from surgery you were the less restriction you had, I hope mine lasts for the rest of my life lol XX

Mornings are always the worst and I can always tell as I can manage 1 slice of toast in the monring, never more than 1 and half slices...this increases as the day goes on and before bed I can easily have 2.
As for drinks making you feel full - again this is normal and some patients are even advised to 'waterload' before a meal to aggravate your pouch into swelling a little - this is fruitful for long term post oppers who find they can eat lots.
You should (I dont so not having a go lol) not be drinking 15-30 mins before a meal anyway and no drinks for least an hour after so maybe next time skip the coffee and go for half of what you would normally have ;)
HTH
Sal

I think I'll try that Sal but my pouch has defo changed recently. I used to be able to drink and then eat straight away but not now. I've also had this sharp pain on the right hand side below my rib, not sure what this is either.

Thanks for the feedback though, its much appreciated.

Cool hun - but unexplained random pain needs to be checked out - whens your next appt? Or can you get in at docs? Hope you feel better and restriction gets 'normal' again soon x

I'm only eight weeks out but a couple of weeks ago I was the same , for a few days I felt really windy and couldn't eat much then one night I was sick I got an awful pain under my ribs on the right side , all that came up was mucas about a cup full !! Was real weird , I rang the gp and he thought it was just a bug , iv been ok since xx

Bobo i've had that when i've eaten too much, the next day i don't want to eat much....

I wish i would be lucky enough to get days when i didn't want to eat.... There is always room at the inn!

But if i was 15 months out and with a pain i'd not experienced or knew the origins of i'd ask someone in the know for advice xx

Well just been to the chemist and they seem to think that the pain under my rib could be trapped wind. I've to take wind relief stuff for the next couple of days and if that doesn't shift it to go and see the doc.

Thanks for all the advice though, much appreciated.

Back