• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling gassy/burping/ having a poo

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Hi all, i'm 8 days post op. I am battling with milk and the Fortimel, after I have them I feel really bloated. Tonight specifically the Fortimel is just sitting there. Been two hours and really want to burp. But not coming up. A a fart would be good too. Just not happening though have the feeling. Don't want to push it out, or force it out in fear of vomiting, retching, hurting my tummy or even causing a hernia. Is this a common feeling guys? And any advice? How did you deal with it? I'd love to not take the milk or Fortimel but realise not an option at all. I'd rather feel bloated than die of no protein in take. Still any advice?
Then at hospital they said within a few days I would have a large poo. Now this hasn't happened? I have had some small runs whilst at hospital, but this was apparently due to swollow test at hospital. Tonight I had a very small poo. Small but proper at least. Felt good straight after until got bloated again after Fortimel? At want point do I consider movicol? Does this big poo actually happen? As pre-op I did so well on low calorie diet, I doubt there was much inside there anyway

Poor you Ryan :( feeling out of sorts is not nice at any time. I am only 5 days post op & not having Fortimel but have had Actimel which also just sits there on me. I don't have enough experience to advise you but someone will soon. Just hope you feel better soon xxx :):)

It took me ages to poo, and it was a tiny poo to what I was used too, poos are alot smaller n less often now

Some ppl become unable to have milk after there op, have u tried other things instead like yogurt or soup xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

we are all different Ryan, some people will poo lots after their op, others will be constipated. If you are not in any discomfort then dont worry. And if you have poo'd already then I personally wouldnt be considering Movicol just yet.

You could try a windeze tablet for the bloating - the chewable ones. See if that helps.

I hated the fortimel and couldnt stomach it. I just had lots of milky coffees in those early days along with thin soups and stuff like that. Dont get too bogged down in counting protein grams etc in these very early days - its more important to just concentrate on recovering. We have more than enough protein in our bodies to get us through these early weeks. As you move on to more normal food then thats when it becomes more important to eat your meals protein first.

I'm 4 days post op n no sign of a no.2 yet! Burps are so small you wouldn't believe I'm the same person lol. All i do is walk when I get discomfort and tiny bits of wind will burp out...eventually!

I was 8 days post-op before I had the 'big' poop! Hadn't gone 3 days before surgery and rekkon it was a bit backed up. I have only been once since and that was little. Just goes to show that what you eat has a great effect. I used to 'go' at least once a day and would sit a while!! Feels strange now and I don't always read my daily paper now haha!! xxx

Well go on then as we are on this subject :eek: I used to poo upto four or five times daily and now I'm two weeks on Monday since my surgery and I go every othere day. I no longer have to get up in the night for a wee either, which is a good thing.

I was told that it would come eventually and it did, four days post op. Keep up with the fluids and I am sure that things will happen for you. Hope you feel better soon. XX;)

Got the bloated windy feeling . . . that's just on drinks of milk and a small portion of chicken soup. Only 2 days post op though, so not even seriously 'tried' to poo yet.

Got the bloated windy feeling . . . that's just on drinks of milk and a small portion of chicken soup. Only 2 days post op though, so not even seriously 'tried' to poo yet.[/QUOT

Well as we are comparing poo's, I went on Thursday, 4 days post op but no sign of a follow up :sigh: Don't expect there is much there to come out yet though. xxxx :)

That's awesome guys. Thank you. Went a little bit and been a bit better on Fortimel and milk today xxx

Hi Ryan,
I didn't poo for ages, and when I did it was black and full of blood. Since week 2 I've only been going once a week. For a while there I thought they'd sewn my arse up coz I didn't even do a single fart until about 10 days ago! Never thought I'd celebrate breaking wind. I've been put on laxatives now but still only going occasionally.
I really wanted to burp the first week and it would sort of stop half way up. Now belching is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it won't come out, other times what should be a burp ends up with me being sick, and other times I just manage a nice proper belch !

well proud r=to report, I just a had a proper poo, a decent size, lol. not bloody, like they said at hospital, but big enough for me to feel a lot different. it's a good sign :) thanks for the help btw peeps

well proud r=to report, I just a had a proper poo, a decent size, lol. not bloody, like they said at hospital, but big enough for me to feel a lot different. it's a good sign :) thanks for the help btw peeps

your showing off now Ryan LOL!

Glad you feel better mate :)

Love this thread lol :D

Was thinking the same Jo as I was reading and giggling and thinking where else would I be reading about this!

Lol, the advice had really helped.

Glad to hear it. :D

Love this thread...although at 2 days post op it really hurts me to laugh and this thread had me chuckling away in agony! Lol. No poop or wind for me of any kind yet. The hospital gave me some lactalose to start on day 3 if I had no movement...so if nothing happens today I'm having some tonight! :)

Back