• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling hungry

misselvis

i had band fitted 14th oct 12
first 2 weeks was ok as was on liquids, now i am on 2 weeks
mushy foods, about hour after eating i still feel hungry
i done weight wise for 2 wks but dont seem to have lost anything
this week
i ask the nurse at hospital and was told the band is loose at the moment
and will benfit after 1st fill [ 20th nov ]
i am hoping i havnt wasted my money having this op

anyone else had same problem
would love to hear from you

kay
xx

Sorry am not bander but think you only get limited restrictions till fill. Are you drinking plenty of water? Sorry cant help but sure somebody will be Along soon how u feeling hune? Hope all goes well keep us posted

I had the same thing. My weight stayed pretty much the same for two weeks and I've just started losing again. I saw my surgeons care manager who is also a surgeon and does fills yesterday and he said its totally normal and actually expected

Hi I had my band in 10 oct and and having the same problems, at this point really it's just pure willpower! I haven't found anything really that I can't eat! I'm just having tea plate size portions but weight isn't shifting much at the moment, first fill on 19th nov and second on 11th dec so I'm hoping that should give some restriction?

Hi I had my band in 10 oct and and having the same problems, at this point really it's just pure willpower! I haven't found anything really that I can't eat! I'm just having tea plate size portions but weight isn't shifting much at the moment, first fill on 19th nov and second on 11th dec so I'm hoping that should give some restriction?

hi
i got 1st fill 20th nov
would you let me know how you get on

thank you

kay xx

They do say, don't expect a lot during these mushy stages, especially until you start having your fills. I've had 2 fills, 5mls at 5 weeks post op and 1 ml 2 weeks later but still do not feel restriction from my band. It does get easier when you move onto "normal" foods, you can focus the diet on crunchier and drier foods and as such you will be fuller for longer . . .the mushy stage is a little difficult cos you're having food, but it passes through easily because its still allowing the band to settle in.

Hang in there :)

I've has 2 fills now, and up to 6mls in a 10ml band. At this point, I still feel hungry every 2 hours, but my nurse who does the fills assures me this is normal. I've also read on here that we get to a 'sweet spot', which is where we start to feel good restriction, and can go longer without feeling hungry! We must eat crunchy foods compared to mushy foods, as these will keep us full for longer.
Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing!
Lilypersian
xx

I'm praying for that sweet spot!! I've got first fill a week today but at the mo really struggling:(

Back