• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling like its all been for nothing and desparate

laidlaw70

Six Month Post Op
hi I had my bypass 3 years ago weighing 19st and got down to 11st 7. nowhere near my target of 9 but to be honest would have been happy a 10st. over the last 18 mths I have put on nearly 2 stone. Now weighing 13st 3. none of my clothes fitting me. feeling so fat and low,like ive wasted my money.
I worry that its all going o go back on . I,ve lost all self control and every morning have the intention to "start again" but it never happens.

i,m eating much bigger portions than ever , rarely get that full feeling. I just don,t know where to start or what to do. feeling sad and upset:

O no that's awful. I think its all our worst fears.

If your bypass has stopped working for you, you know what you must do to get it working again. Back to basics. However, I can understand that the 'I will start tomorrow' attitude is hard to break. Asking for help is a good start. You could have sat there and got to 4 stone 5 stone 6 stone before asking for help. Have you thought about joining a slimming club, or asking a close friend to weigh you on a weekly basis? Having this sort of support will help get you started. Once you start to loose weight again.. the joy of weight loss will help motivate you further.

Chin up, know that there is always support here and let us know how you get on. xxx

Oh Dear......I don't know too much about bypass as Im a bander..But just wanted to wish you all the best xxx

hi beegee i had thought of joining a slimming club but sometimes think even their portion sizes are bigger than I should eating. I had the bypass thinking that was me done with slimming clubs. Maye a bit disapline would help me.
When you say go back to basics what do you mean?

Back to basics: Use a side plate, it will help your portion control. Cut up food small and chew , chew chew, Put your knife and fork down between mouthfuls. Savour your food . Do not drink for at least 30 min u tesbefore or after your meals. Eat solid, lean protein, such as chicken. Eat it first and then your veg and only a small ammount of carb. DrInk water or sugarfree squash copiosly. Eat slowly and mindfully and watch out for your full sign, walk, walk, walk.
Good luck xx

hi beegee i had thought of joining a slimming club but sometimes think even their portion sizes are bigger than I should eating. I had the bypass thinking that was me done with slimming clubs. Maye a bit disapline would help me.
When you say go back to basics what do you mean?
I agree with the back to basics. No drinking with meals, side plate, protein first. In fact for the first week, protein and veg only may be a good idea. If you're eating bread, try cutting it out - my appetite always increases dramatically after bread. Google 5 day pouch test as well if thats something that may work for you.

As for slimming clubs, I joined one to try and get my wl moving again - I am happier for it to be honest. It works for me, in terms of the eating plan, I follow sw. But if you're struggling to stick to something a slimming club may not be the answer.

You haven't mentioned what's triggered the regain - is it related to emotional reasons? Remember you're only human, and the bypass doesn't cure the head. You've not failed, but you've tripped and stumbled and come back here to ask for a hand to get up :)

We're here for you :)

If you think there nay be an emotional link, ask your GP for a counselling referral. I saw someone in my local IAPT team and they were fantastic.

The support network we have through ourselves is really good at the moment with good sound advice. Sometimes we know what needs to be done just can't get started. Plan and write it down go back to the bypass daily menu site log it down so that you and others can see what you have had and where you may be going off track. I am struggling to. I still eat off a small plate , love sweet things still just have much smaller amount these days have gone back to Vodka n diet coke when I go out rather than rose wine. Less calories in that, trying to use nuts for snacks stead of biscuits, always have fruit n veg every day very rare if I haven't had 4 portions altogether of fruit n veg. Drinking lots of tea n coffee rather than just water think with feeling cold most of the time in summer don't mind water. I have done little exercise now other than walking and dancing when I go out. If I do other I get a bad knee. I am trying to stay on top of the game but I am living my life too which is most important. xxx

The support network we have through ourselves is really good at the moment with good sound advice. Sometimes we know what needs to be done just can't get started. Plan and write it down go back to the bypass daily menu site log it down so that you and others can see what you have had and where you may be going off track. I am struggling to. I still eat off a small plate , love sweet things still just have much smaller amount these days have gone back to Vodka n diet coke when I go out rather than rose wine. Less calories in that, trying to use nuts for snacks stead of biscuits, always have fruit n veg every day very rare if I haven't had 4 portions altogether of fruit n veg. Drinking lots of tea n coffee rather than just water think with feeling cold most of the time in summer don't mind water. I have done little exercise now other than walking and dancing when I go out. If I do other I get a bad knee. I am trying to stay on top of the game but I am living my life too which is most important. xxx

I love how to use the wording "we have to live our life"
I totally agree with this,just because I've had a bypass I still allow myself a treat and a drink,and why not.
I had this bypass done to be "normal" and not let food rule my life anymore.
I think sometimes people forget this and still seem to still obsessive with food.
Right I'm off to do some silly dancing!

definately go back to basics. It will be hard for a couple of weeks but your body should adjust again to the small portions then x x

Back