• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling much more positive

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
As people know, I have encountered loads of problems with the NHS hospital I was referred to. I went and saw another doctor there on the 14th of this month and he personally walked me over to the bypass surgeon who fit me in immediately. He agreed that the bypass was the best option for me and wanted me to start working with the dietician immediately and he would apply for funding straight away. Unfortunately, once again, things didn't go to plan.

The earliest I can see the dietician is the end of March and then it will still be a massively long weight. My PCT won't even look at funding until the middle of next year because of Heartlands rules regarding WLS with patients with BMI's less than 50.

So, I made an appointment with the Healthier Weight people yesterday and they were brilliant. They answered every possible question and Mr Ammori's track record speaks for itself. So now my husband and I are trying to plan which Friday will be my surgery. We have to plan around his work commitments and the kids. I feel so positive that this is the right decision for me.

I am glad I listened to you all and haven't given up. I know that the surgery probably would never happen for me on the NHS so we are taking the bull by the horns and tackling my problem.

Hi,

Can empathise with the NHS situation... drove me nuts so I too have decided to take the plunge and opt to go privately for my bypass. Have a date for 20th November. Could do without borrowing the money to get it done though, since I booked it all, I have found out that I will be losing my job at Christmas (unless there is a miracle) - still it needs to be done

All the best for your op

Debbie

Good for you hun!!! I went with Healthier Weight and they are brilliant. THeir aftercare is second to none.

Might see you at some of the support groups!!

I'm glad for you that you took the decision to get it done now. I was in a similar situation with the NHS in my area and there comes a point where you have to say , do I want my life back now or not. Yes it is expensive but money comes and goes...the years where we put off living life to the full because of our weight slip by and are gone forever. I wish you all the best and look forward to your lovely slim you after pics very very soon xxx hugs xxx

Good luck hun with the journey. I so wish I could afford to go private. I've been phoning Heartlands all this past week but the diabetic clinic has moved and all there booking systems was down. Will be calling 1st thing in the morning as i've not received my 3 month appointment.

Good luck hun I am in the same place with the nhs but cant afford to go private.All the best,I will follow your journey.Maz x

I wish you better luck Julie. I even tried to get into a programme like you have to help with the weight loss and they wouldn't help me. It was rather soul destroying to want to make changes and have no one want to assist you.

Hi FL
That's great news and i'm really pleased for you although sorry the NHS route didn't work out for you. I went privately for the same reasons you are and i do consider myself very fortunate to have been able to do that as i get upset when i hear the wait some people have. Let us know when you decide on a date and Mr Ammori's handiwork has been brilliant for me x

Good luck, here's good wishes flying your way. Reclaim your life and enjoy every minute of it xx

I was just lucky to get onto that program FL. I phoned the dieticians up and said that it stated on my letter that I was waiting for a appointment and the woman said that they were running their 1st weight loss group and she put me down for it. I am just glad I phoned when I did as everyone has to attend these now for 6 months with a BMI lower than 50, though there are people there that are alot bigger than myself and my BMI was 49.8 when I went to see them in clinic. Will see what joy I have with them when I phone tomorrow.

I wish you better luck Julie. I even tried to get into a programme like you have to help with the weight loss and they wouldn't help me. It was rather soul destroying to want to make changes and have no one want to assist you.

As people know, I have encountered loads of problems with the NHS hospital I was referred to. I went and saw another doctor there on the 14th of this month and he personally walked me over to the bypass surgeon who fit me in immediately. He agreed that the bypass was the best option for me and wanted me to start working with the dietician immediately and he would apply for funding straight away. Unfortunately, once again, things didn't go to plan.

The earliest I can see the dietician is the end of March and then it will still be a massively long weight. My PCT won't even look at funding until the middle of next year because of Heartlands rules regarding WLS with patients with BMI's less than 50.

So, I made an appointment with the Healthier Weight people yesterday and they were brilliant. They answered every possible question and Mr Ammori's track record speaks for itself. So now my husband and I are trying to plan which Friday will be my surgery. We have to plan around his work commitments and the kids. I feel so positive that this is the right decision for me.

I am glad I listened to you all and haven't given up. I know that the surgery probably would never happen for me on the NHS so we are taking the bull by the horns and tackling my problem.

Hi FC

You have to feel a lot better in the knowledge that your surgery is going to happen a long time before the middle of next year!

Congratulations hun...well done on making a positive choice.

Keep us informed

(((hugs)))

Yes, agree so far the after care is brillant had numerous check up calls and seeing the Doctor 2 weeks to the day for check up and barium xray to check all is well but not having a filluntil week 7/8 that is there policy and feels o.k by me.
I know its a lot of money especially when family is small and house etc but i see it as the best investment in me.
If you were a student at University you would have £30,000 of debts when you left, in some instances and parents do it for there kids all the time.Soooo if you can .........

Back