• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling Nervous!

Myz24

hi all,
I'm being banded in 4 weeks at dolan park but am starting to feel really nervous for some reason!! I know i'm doing the right thing but it seems like such a huge thing!!
Shouldn't be moaning as i know this will change my life, but i've never even had an operation before and am absolutely crapping myself!
Moan over! ha xx

you and me both hon!

I got my date yesterday and it has hit me like a ton of bricks - I can't believe it's come round and I'm officially being sleeved. Nervous but exciting times ahead

xxx

My date is this Friday, 26th at Heartlands and I'm as calm as a Hindu cow, as the saying goes. Thought I'd be a bag of nerves but the days are really dragging and so I'm finding it hard to get excited.

I was just banded at Dolan Park yesterday and am now home. The nurses and doctors are all very lovely and take good care of you. They explain what is happening and you have plenty of privacy in your own room. I am sore and bloated today but it's not as bad as I thought it might be. We all go through this stage where we start to freak out a bit, but you'll be fine. I hadn't had an operation before either. The anesthetic took it out of me. I had my op at 12:30, was out of recovery and back in my room by 1:30! I was awake on and off but not really properly awake until 8/9pm when I was given a cup of soup :) I think that's longer than it takes most people though. Any questions then feel free as it's all still fresh in my mind!!

Am i doing the right thing???

hi guys,
I'm having my surgery on the 7th Dec.. And to be honest I'm really panicking about the whole thing!!
I'm excited for afterwards but the thought of surgery :'(
I feel so up and down about it its ridiculous! I'm such a level headed, calm person normally!!
has anyone else felt this way just before surgery?"
Sorry for moaning!!
Xx

I dont think I have met one person who doesnt feel the way u r feeling - its perfectly normal x

We all experience this, its to be expected, you're about to undergo major,life changing surgery. Stick to your pre op diet and all that your team have told you to do and soon you'll be waking up to the start of a fantastic opportunity.

Best wishes:)

That's really good to hear!! This is the first time I've ever had surgery..im soo nervous!!
thank you xx

oh hune i am booked for a sleeve in czr in jan, i change my mind daily about the whole thing, have just decided to forget about the whole thing and get on with it, not think about it. what keeps me going is this 1. what would my life be like when i am goal weight, what will i look like, how will i feel, how my aches and pains will have gone, what will i be wearing, where will i be shopping at but most of all how happy i will be. AGAINST 1. how fat will i be how depressed will i be, will i have diabetes, will i be on blood pressure medication, will i be on my second knee replacement, will i feel life is worthless, will my kids be proud of me what will i look like, ill be shopping at evans and be just gragteful something fits me, to hell with how it looks on me. etc and most important will i be closer to having a heart attack/stroke. so hune keep going you can do it.

Thanks all of you..i know I'm. Doing the right thing as im still very young and this could change my life forever, my mum is also having the op on the same dayand I worry foe her aswell!! I'll get through it I just wish it was tomorrow and not in three weeks!!
Thanks for listening xxxx

Back