• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

day 4 post op

Wobbly71

Hi everyone

I had my band done on tuesday and still don't feel too good. I don't feel ill or anything but was expecting to be up and about more today.

My friend, a nurse checked my port wound on thursday and it was wide open so she steri stripped it. I'm seeing THG nurse monday afternoon.

I still feel tired, probably due to lack of calories , yesterday managed aabout 700 cals. My stomach is really tender especially port wound. And just generally feel cack.

Did others feel like this. Think I was expecting to be back to normal by today and driiving about.

Could anyone else let me know if they felt the same at this point x

sorry your still feeling so ill,i was back to normal by now but everyone is different..700cals is brilliant for your stage,i couldnt manage that many,well done x

Im now what .. .9 days post op lol and I still have one particularly "sore" port hole, but also have a very odd pain which sits below my left ribs and around at the back. And it could be the lack of calories . . .in terms of feeling tiredness.

I've been struggling with wht I can get inside me, mainly because if I have milk it leaves me so full and bloated I then can't get anything else in for the rest of the day, I was advised on day 5 to avoid dairy, so had gone back to clearer fluids, but it only means I've been taking in a max of about 300 cals a day. They told me not to focus on the calories but to get in fluids first and then work from there.

Glad to hear you're seeing your provider, I think its a good thing to do, but I have found that I feel more tired than I normally do and find if I am out walking the dogs etc, that after about 30 mins, my back aches and I feel clammy.

But day 4 is still early too . . .and I didn't do much at all.

I think often we can push ourselves a little too hard. While I've been off, I told the office I would be doing some stuff from home. I havent even logged onto it. I decided today, I am not going to worry, because sometimes, just sometimes we have to take the time and give ourselves the time, doing only what we can, when we can :)

I've just found out that we're going to have to move house at the very beginning of November (the 1st) and I am having my surgery on 22nd October :doh: I guess that means I won't be up to taking a very active role in the move???

Sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly, I'm sure you'll be feeling much better over the next few days x

Our bodies have a way of telling us just what we need. I was lucky, I had my op on the Saturday and was back in work on the Wednesday as I felt great physically; having said that I had a fuzzy mind for a good couple of weeks ... It's early days so just take it easy and rest x

Back