• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling right chuffed with myself

angelajoy1961

Bypass on 23rd June
I am on the milk diet to lose my 5% - 11lbs - and I'm on day 5. Went to mums for dinner today, me and my boy do this every week, and she had cooked my mostest favourite dinner - roast chicken and all the bizz.

I actually sat at the table and ate my pint of sugar free jelly and a chocolate Slimfast and didn't want to eat the chicken.

I am so bl**dy pleased with myself but I'm also wondering what the hell my mum was up to cooking my fav meal ? Was she testing my resolve ??

Anyway I feel like Superwoman :superwoman: and I've already lost 6lbs since my weigh in on Thursday - only 5lbs to go and I've done the 5% with 26 days still to go.

Yaaaayyy well done you !! Thats really good to be able to sit at the table and not pick at anything :D Keep up the great work XX

Do you ring them as soon as you've lost the 5%? Or go back at the end of the time? If it's a go back then please don't get complacent, try and get a few extra lbs in the bank to allow for scales all been different xx

great job - i know how hard that it

Well done Angela.
keep up the good work...
I hope i do as well when i start my 5% in a weeks time...
how are you finding the slimfast.?

Lisa- I'm loving the Slimfast to be honest, my mind is just in the right place to be doing this so I'm finding it easy.
When you go for your appointments do you stay down in Luton? I stay in the Travelodge and this time I used National Express who dropped me off right outside the Travelodge. I took Slimfast with me and had them Wed on the way, at the hospital on Thurs and coming home on Fri. I found it easier to start doing the liquid diet when I was away from home and I just avoided the restaurant at the Travlodge !!
I'm alternating having 5 Slimfasts and having 4pts s/s milk so I don't get bored !

I don't know if i will be allowed slimfast TBH ,because of the sugar content...
i will find out next week.
I am not sure what they will do with my insulin ...:cool:
I do think you have to be in the zone.
This week just gone, i filled in my diary..this week i am going to have some favorite meals..
We had a roast today..going out for curry on Wednesday.....
As long as i have them i will be in the right place next week.

I don't have to stay in Luton, as i am about 45mins/1hr away...I lived in Luton so i have family down there,so if i need to stay i will be bunking on someones couch or drive down..
So far i have just driven down and back..
I am getting slightly nervous.
Actually i will Pm you a question if you dont mind.

Well done and good luck. I totally understand the chicken dinner thing xx

Thanks all you lovely ladies. I've lost another 1lb this morning but I'm weighing myself on mums scales each sunday as my ' official' weekly weigh in so I'll update my ticker on a Sunday incase I have ups and downs. My monthly has visited me today so I'm pleased to have still lost 1lb !

Thanks so much for all your support - it really means the world xxxx

Well done, you will lose a lot more the way you're going, brilliant, Karen x

Well done Angela. Have you asked your Mum why she cooked your favourite dinner?

I had to watch my family eat whilst I was on my pre-op milk diet. It was hard!

Hi Grace - the chickens were on special offer apparently lol.

My mum has a little bit of a history of sabotaging my diets in the past, she has gained a bit of weight herself in her twilight years (shes 75) and she hates it but doesn't have the willpower to stick to any kind of diet (sounds familiar !!). She even joined Slimming World with me once when I had lost 2.1/2 stones and was going great guns, and she gradually encouraged me to eat different things and I ended up leaving SW altogether. I am now well aware of this behaviour and I am not letting her do it this time !
She was totally gobsmacked that I could ignore the chicken and stuffing and roasties and yorkshires etc. I was concentrating on going into New Look and buying a size 12 skirt haha.

Well done :).. I always find it so hard when its family time! ..
I will say though im not sure why people do that when they know your dieting !!! .. My MIL always bakes choccy cake iced etc full of cream and brings it up "oh i forgot your dieting" ggrrrr

why do they do that !!

Back