• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling rough

Are you drinking water you gotta stay hydrated and are you managing any puree? x if you are concerned ring the ward you were on. x

You should be sipping round the clock, and eating 4-5 small meals daily well that's my hospital recommendation's. If you don't eat you will be tired and have no energy. I know the 1st week I was shattered beyond belief that was to do with anaethetic coming out and the big issues that had been carried out inside our bodies. WE need water not only tohydrate us but to help clean the wound clean inside then the protein helps promote healing. x

You should be sipping round the clock, and eating 4-5 small meals daily well that's my hospital recommendation's. If you don't eat you will be tired and have no energy. I know the 1st week I was shattered beyond belief that was to do with anaethetic coming out and the big issues that had been carried out inside our bodies. WE need water not only tohydrate us but to help clean the wound clean inside then the protein helps promote healing. x

Thank you, I think it's a combination of not drinking much today and what I can presume was dumping yesterday after a yoghourt! I'm welling a bit better just got a stinking headache so sipping on lots of water x

yes it sounds like you could be dehydrated. what yoghurts did you try? yOu could try fage o% form supermarket and puree fresh fruit in to it. some yoghurts are too high in sugar or fat. not all bidies can eta the same and get away with it. I used to use kids snack pots munch bunch petit filous.x

I I'm 6 days post op and feel really weak and 'not right' has anyone else had this?

Yes I was like that for the first few weeks, I felt absolutely dreadful, had absolutely no energy and felt dizzy a lot. When I spoke to the dietician she said it was quite common after surgery and with the sudden big reduction in calorie intake. She also advised to drink as much as I could.

I only really picked up and felt much better after I had my b12 injection and moved on to 'proper' food.

Hope you feel better soon x

Yes I was like that for the first few weeks, I felt absolutely dreadful, had absolutely no energy and felt dizzy a lot. When I spoke to the dietician she said it was quite common after surgery and with the sudden big reduction in calorie intake. She also advised to drink as much as I could. I only really picked up and felt much better after I had my b12 injection and moved on to 'proper' food. Hope you feel better soon x

Thank you. Feel a bit better as the day goes on, how long did it last? I did expect it but as ivd felt so good last few days It hit me harder than I expected x

Hello I'm day 8 following by-pass. Still feel washed out and very tired. Had some weetabix in bed this morning ( first day on stage 2) then promptly fell asleep again! Just trying to summon up the energy to get up and shower. Definitely much much better than 2 days ago though! Feel like I'm turning the corner, so I'm sure you'll be feeling different over the next few days. Presumably you're still on codeine or something similar- they knock you out too! Take care.

I'm feeling much better today still keep getting waves of tiredness but think that's to be expected, I'm not needing any painkillers now which I'm pleased with. Thank you x

Back