• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should I be worrying!

Saranne

6 days post op bypass and earlier I noticed dressings needed changing as some dry blood on one of them, just put a new dressing on and again this time within ten mins there some spotting of blood??
Anyone else experience this??
Thanks

I would just monitor it Hun but it's most likely you have disturbed things changing the dressing. I think as the wounds are in an area where the skin moves they can take longer to heal as they are constantly being pulled. If it worsens or your concerned get checked out to put your mind at rest x

I would just monitor it Hun but it's most likely you have disturbed things changing the dressing. I think as the wounds are in an area where the skin moves they can take longer to heal as they are constantly being pulled. If it worsens or your concerned get checked out to put your mind at rest x

Thank you babyseed, yes will keep an eye on it tonight, if worse by the morning will contact the spire hospital xx

I had to change two of mine twice. So I don't think there's anything to worry about. Also, on the incision that had the port in it, that one leaked like a tap for a while a couple of days after surgery, had to change that one about 5 times, but all's well and I am nicely healed now. Rita xxx

I had exactly the same. Apparently it can be quite common with the incision sites that are used more.
I just called my gp and popped to see the nurse to get them checked out and redressed. I had a slight infection so was given antibiotics and had to go back a week or so later to get skin friendly dressings. My nurse was fab and made sure I had everything I needed.

Hi all, got up this morn and it had got worse through the night so phoned the ward and they said pop down ( live less than ten mins away ) so doctor took a look said it's very common, cleaned it and nurse put a new dressing on it, asked me to go back Tuesday afternoon so they can check it again, also due to be having them out Thursday.
Thanks for your replies :) xx

At least that should put your mind at ease. It is easy to worry when you're not sure whats going on.

Hi all, went to the hospital earlier for the nurse to check the dressing she wasn't happy that it's still bleeding... She put new dressing on got to go back at 6pm as she wants doctor to check it?
The doctor who was on Sunday said it was common and was happy with it?
Missed my daughters appt in Alder hey :( because of this.. They were fab and arrange another appt few weeks :)
So will see what the doctor has to say later.. Fingers crossed. X

Back