• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fill Question

donnax658

Hi everyone - me again with yet another question!!
I had my first fill yesterday......for anyone yet to have one fear not.......didn't hurt one little bit. Anyway my question is this, I now have 8mls in a 14 mls band and my word it is tight. That's a good thing of course but i'm just wondering if it will slaken at all? I mean is that it now.....will it stay this tight? I am allowed back on soft foods today and could only manage one spoonful of salmon. It wouldn't go down for love nor money lol. Even drinking now I can only have sips where as before I could drink a whole glass in one go no problem.

HiYa Donna, Sorry I can't help as I was Bypassed, But I am sure someone will be along soon to help out, Liz would be your best bet as she is a pro with bands lol.
Your doing fab with your weightloss by the way!

Hi everyone - me again with yet another question!!
I had my first fill yesterday......for anyone yet to have one fear not.......didn't hurt one little bit. Anyway my question is this, I now have 8mls in a 14 mls band and my word it is tight. That's a good thing of course but i'm just wondering if it will slaken at all? I mean is that it now.....will it stay this tight? I am allowed back on soft foods today and could only manage one spoonful of salmon. It wouldn't go down for love nor money lol. Even drinking now I can only have sips where as before I could drink a whole glass in one go no problem.

hi donna wow no wonder your tight as thats a huge fill to be given on a 1st fill. your, over half full now. we usually resume soft foods the day after but all surgeons have differnt rules. it will slacken slighty over a few weeks as we all naturally loose part of the fill over time. with you being really tight and just filled salmon will be a little to dry/dense for now and will get stuck.

there is a possibilty that your slightly to tight if you are having difficulty with water, you must keep on top of your water intake as dehydration can take hold very quickly with tight banders, see how you cope over the next 1-2 days and if its difficult for you a slight de fill maybe required.

i would try something like a thick soup and see how that goes down, if thats ok try a little mash and gravy, if these food types give you difficulties or make you vomit then id seriously consider a slight de fill.

let me know how you get on hun as i know how it feels to be over tight.

liz x

Thanks so much hun.......knew you'd come to my rescue lol. I think one of my biggest problems is not knowing what to eat. I will definately try the soup and see how that goes.
I had 5 mls added when the band was fitted and then a further 3 yesterday, I did think that was quite a lot considering what I've read so far. I can still drink water but I have to sip rather than gulp if you know what I mean xx

Thanks so much hun.......knew you'd come to my rescue lol. I think one of my biggest problems is not knowing what to eat. I will definately try the soup and see how that goes.
I had 5 mls added when the band was fitted and then a further 3 yesterday, I did think that was quite a lot considering what I've read so far. I can still drink water but I have to sip rather than gulp if you know what I mean xx

yeah i know what you mean, do the same with the soup take it slowly, as if its put in quicker than it can pass through the band hole you might be sick.

good luck let me know how it goes.

liz x

Back