• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This fill is kicking my butt!

Thump

Had my third fill today. I was fine for a few hours and then the swelling started. Ouch! I've never felt so tight before. Previous fills never hurt for one and I didn't have any sliming after them like I did this time. I'm having a lot of PB and I feel like the bit of soup I had earlier is still sitting there although considering I brought a lot of it back up, it's probably not.

I've taken one gas pain pill because I had a lot of trapped wind and am considering a Tums too but the thought of swallowing anything other than my own saliva...

I really hope it's better by morning. I'm not entirely sure how long it has to go on before you can say its too tight and have a defill but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Anyone else experience a really rough day or two after a fill? Did it pass it did you need a defill?

Hello there, I would contact ur provider , if ur scared to swallow anything other then ur own saliva you are gonna end up in trouble hun. How are you with fluids? I mean can u drink say half a pint of water over a certain time period or are u barfing up fluids too ?

I'm going to try a cup of lemsip since its the only drinkable paracetamol I have on hand and see what happens. If I can't drink 24h after the fill I'll get a defill but I had enough to drink today that I'm not worried yet. It's the pain that really bothers me.

Managed half a cup of lemsip in 40 mins. I was hoping for all because I need the pain relief but I couldn't cope with any more. Feeling a little bit better, not much but I'll take it... I'm going to try to get some sleep. Wish me luck!

Ugh, called THG but they can't book a defill until after 9am and it might be until the afternoon until they can do a defill. Somehow I have to make do until then but this is pretty awful!

Don't stress or get wound up thump because the more anxious you become the more likely the band is to feel tighter too. Good luck later x

I'm trying but I've had 2 hours of sleep and three episodes of vomiting/ dry heaving. I'm feeling really battered and mistreated by my band. The out of hours nurse I spoke to said to suck on ice cubes but I don't even have a freezer. I really hope they can see me before the afternoon! I guess I should just be glad that THG do de/fills on Saturdays so I don't have to wait until Monday.

I feel for you thump :cry: and don't know what to suggest in the meantime. I have never been so tight. Hopefully someone with more experience will be along with a good suggestion soon... Until then just keep bumbling up the thread so it's close to the top xxx

I've reached the point where I'm not even swallowing saliva, just spitting it out in the sink to avoid retching again. I wish I knew at what time I can go have a defill! I've looked into hospitals in the area that might have a bariatrics department but I'd probably have to wait ages there too anyway. I want the saline out!

oh doesnt sound good,maybe u need a small defill..how much have u got in ur band?x

Hope you get this sorted :(

I was same after op as they put 4 ml in and I couldn't stand it, you need a de fill otherwise dehydration kicks in quickly... THG were great and got me into see surgeon @11 hoping you have same.... Otherwise take yourself to a &e which I also had to do to get hydration via drip - let us know how u go xxxxxx

Well, I stayed tough until 6 am and then called the THG emergency number in tears. In my defence. I was tired, dehydrated and in pain...

Decided to take myself down to the clinic but ten mins into the journey I felt so bad I got off the bus and called an ambulance. The world was going wobbly and I was a blubbering wreck. That's how bad it got. When I was eleven, I sprained my ankle very badly but just tougher it out I'm 27 now and have never before been in this state... Seriously friends, if you're at that stage where you feel like you're almost at your perfect fill, ask for tiny mounts to be added until to reach it! A tiny difference can be huge, turns out the fill had only been .5mL! I was perfectly comfortable at 6mL but .5mL had me in A&E...

Am now at 5mL, the nurse anted to leave me at 5.5 but I was retching so badly, I don't even want to think of what state my stomach is in now, it deserves a break. I'll just diet the old fashionned way until my next (tiny!) fill. I don't ever want to feel that bad again!

Crikey thump hope your feeling better now hugs x x

Sounds awful, hope your recovery is speedy. T xxx

Take care thump x

sounds just what i'm going through,
had 1ml put in yesterday, was fine at the time but come evening, started ti struggle,
so sat here at 3am with a glass of water and a stinking headache trying to keep the water down,
cant wait to call HG to get a defill, just hope they can do t tomorrow,
i cant sleep, move or think just want it out :(

How are you feeling now lullaby?

A bit better flutterby thank you,
i have to wait till tues for a defill
at least water is going and staying down now :)

Back