• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally getting my wish!

gembee

Hi everyone - I've been lurking in the background for a few weeks reading all your posts. It seems like a fantastic site for help and support especially as we are all going through the same thing... I've wanted a band for 2 years and never had the funds. I've been very lucky and my Nanna has loaned me the money. I am booked in for the end of May due to a holiday and having to do the pre op diet and also fitting things in around work... I'm 29 and I want to be fit for 30! It gives me 9 months from when I have the band! I'm around 19 stone and completely miserable with my appearance. I would be grateful for any hints and tips of how you coped/are coping with pre and post op diets. Hopefully chat to you all soon. Gems. X

Hi
That's great news. I had my band on Saturday.
Can't wait for recovery to be over and to start seeing the benefits !

Which provider are you going with

Xxx

I'm with Mr Super at the hospital group. I have to go to Dolan Park in Birmingham but got free transport. I'm from Manchester. X

Hello and a very warm welcome gembee
very good luck with everything , p.s your so right about how fantastic this site is!

I went for consultation with Mr Super, he's very impressive with a good track record but ended up going to a hospital more convenient for aftercare. I had my band in on 16th Feb and all in all, inc pre op diet I have lost 2.5 stone without really punishing myself to do it. Feel so much better, halved BP meds, knee pain reduced and now I'm over that post op fatigue starting to get back into exercise. My tips are buy some scales and get My Fitness Pal app to log food intake. Pre and post op diets a bit of a bore but short term pain for long term gain! Good luck!

I'm with Mr Super at the hospital group. I have to go to Dolan Park in Birmingham but got free transport. I'm from Manchester. X

I had mine at Dolan park on Saturday. I loved the hospital and all the staff were amazing. I was lucky and was first down so only had to wait around till 11am.

Don't be afraid to ask for anything they really want to do anything and help you to be comfortable

Xxx

I had mine at Dolan park on Saturday. I loved the hospital and all the staff were amazing. I was lucky and was first down so only had to wait around till 11am. Don't be afraid to ask for anything they really want to do anything and help you to be comfortable Xxx
I am quite nervous but excited at the same time! Messages like this really help! Thank you! X

Your Nanna sounds like a good lady. Best of luck achieving your goal. :)

welcome hunni :) it is a fab friendly site wishing you all the luck in the world... any questions just ask :) welcome again x x x x

I've never been part of a site quite like it! I feel like a have some new friends already! I'm sure I'll get to know you all as time goes on.

Just a question though, anyone ready any books about gastric band surgery? I know there are blogs and I do like reading them but do like a good book now and again! X

Back