• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone

truffle22

I Everyone, I've had to re-register because I had an icon in my old user name that I can't get on my IPad!!!!

I've been away from the forums for ages and ages but still friends with some of you guys on MFP.

I've had my band 3 years next month and it's been a bit of a bumpy ride.I was always sensitive to fills and would swing from being way too tight to being able to eat anything so was back and forwards to the clinic all the time. I think that I never truly got my head around it all either. My food demons overtook sometimes and I think if I'm totally honest I really haven't got a grip on them at all. I would always try to get my favorite stuff down and think " great" if I could scoff a full plate of scampi!!

So a few months ago I decided to have some fluid out and try things on my own, I'm sure most of you can guess what happened!! I'd lost a total of 5 stone and now I've put a stone and a half back on. The band has never failed me, I've totally failed it.

So with a lot of thought I have decided to start again with my little band and have booked in for a fill next week. So here is my plan:

1. Fully engage again with the bander community, pretend I'm starting right from the start again.
2. I'm going to try and move away from things like MFP because the constant counting and obsessing doesn't really help me I think.
3. Try to do a bit more exercise
4. Treat my band with the respect it deserves.

On that note I'd be really interested to see what a typical banders day of food includes??

I'd really appreciate some tips, store cupboard must haves etc.

Many Thanks

Truffle

Hello and welcome back
Wishing you all the best

Hi

Welcome back... I had my band fitted almost 2 weeks ago so not on pureed yet but happy tp share when I get the hang of it. Any tips you can give too would be fab xx

Well done you for getting back in the saddle

I'm the same as you. Piled on a stone and a half in three months. My band was leaking and I'm sitting writing this from the Nuffield having just had a port replacement today

So......like you I need to get back to basics

I can't log every day either - it's a real mind bender for me

I'm very confused right now about how im going to eat going forward

I re joined slimming world a few months back ----not sure if I will follow this

I really like the LCHF approach. Low carb high fat. I may follow this

But what ever we do will work if we stick to it

So a good days eating for me would be:

Mushroom omelette for breakfast

Smoked mackerel and a salad with peppers celery etc for lunch

Stir fry/corgette spaghetti/ cauliflour rice etc bwith some seafood or other protien source....sometimes have bolognause with the corgette spaghetti or chilli with the cauliflour rice

In the evening I would have half an aitkinsbbar and a liberte yoghurt as a snak

Good luck babe. Keep in touch. We all need to support one another xxxx

Back