• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally getting my wish!

Hello!

I got one called The Lap Band Solution by Paul O'Brien- you can get a used copy on Amazon for a few pounds. It's really informative and easy to read.

When I was in your shoes 2 1/2 yrs ago, I rejoined WW for the millionth time so I wouldn't be fat and 30. Now I'm 32, have gained what I lost and more and finally have made steps to getting the band, hopefully in July. I have hols to get out of the way too otherwise I would get it done a lot sooner. So I think you have made the right choice and by the time you're 32 you'll be at a healthy weight and feeling amazing!

I have subscribed to your thread x

Just re read your message about stories - there's a few snippets in the book but it's more all about the op and after etc. I recommend you go to the diary section and read through there, there's loads and you can read stories from when they began their journey and see their transformations. Such a brilliant resource :)

Hi gem welcome,you must be really excited,THG were great with me,you'll be looked after,I get my fills in the Manchester clinic as will you,the staff are really nice there and helpful, my tip would be stick to the rules and you'll be fine x

Hi

I'm going to get mine at Dolan Park too, flying from Aberdeen as it's cheaper than getting surgery in Scotland .... Crazy.

If all goes well I'll be in end of May too.

Maybe we could be Band Buddies?

Kim xxx

That would be amazing!

I had some news, my sister will be getting a band too. On the same day with the same surgeon. But id love to keep in Touch with some of us who are getting it done around the same time so we can keep each other motivated and updated on our progress.

I'll have a look for that book!

I ordered 2 cookbooks and an ice cream maker, apparently you put yogurts in it, squeeze it for two minutes and then you have zero fat yogurts...??? We shall see! Haha!

I start my pre op on the 11th...

Good luck everyone and thank you for replying to my thread.

Xx

Went to meet the surgeon. Full steam ahead for the 25th May. So excited!!!!

I need to shift this whole other person I'm carrying around. No wonder my knees hurt! X

Back