• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally getting somewhere

It's got to be champagne - celebrate and enjoy the bubbles whilst you can!

Come on - I want details...... Please?

Lx

It's got to be champagne - celebrate and enjoy the bubbles whilst you can!

Come on - I want details...... Please?

Lx

Theres not much to tell Lizzie to be honest.

I half expected that I was going to have to go over all my medical history, previous diet attempts, how being overweight is affecting me etc etc but that wasnt even discussed to be honest.

I was weighed and they asked my height but I wasnt measured. Then I went in to see the doctor and the bariatric nurse at the same time. The doc asked me what research I had done and what op I would prefer, then told me how that op works.

I had the opportunity to ask a few questions and then he said, right we'll sort out the funding and as soon as thats in place you will go on the waiting list.

And that was it. No begging, no embarrasment. He said if I need help with sorting out loose skin afterwards they would support my application although it wouldnt be done by Walsall.

so what happens now? do you need to gt funding or does that come with the yes you already have? what sort of timescales did they give you?

the waiting list is about 20 weeks but I wont go onto the list until funding approved.

Oh thats fantastic sam,cant wait for monday now!!Was they nice?

They were absolutely lovely Sarah, You have nothing to worry about at all

Sooooo pleased to hear your brilliant news Sam. I'm all smiles too! x

Did they say how long it wud be for funding?

no hun, but going by tesmaralda and brunette's experience will take a good few weeks

Good to hear of your experience Sam, and just clarifies about the funding situation too, ie that you won't go on the waiting list until the funding is in place. It would be good if PCTs worked on the same basis wouldn't it, so you knew how long it would be until the funding was approved or otherwise! Fingers crossed for you though!!!

no hun, but going by tesmaralda and brunette's experience will take a good few weeks

Taking into the administration b*lls ups, it took approx. 9 weeks from initial appointment at WM to funding being approved for both Terri & I.

BENPCT are very rapid at turning around the finding application; usually within the week of receiving it from WM. Obviouilsy, I can't speak for Sandwell, Staffs etc.

In my case, I don't know whether it was because of the b*lls up at WM, but my funding was sorted within 24 hours!

Taking into the administration b*lls ups, it took approx. 9 weeks from initial appointment at WM to funding being approved for both Terri & I.

Im going to ring WM in a week and make sure my funding app has been sent off - and that it has been sent to the right people!

481261nv50vl9eka.gif

Fantastic news Sam, really chuffed for you :)

Back