• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm Finally On The List!

purpleprincess29

Hi There,

I'm 29 years old and currently weighing in at approximately 22 stone. After an eighteen month struggle with doctors and dieticians I've finally found out today that my funding has been approved and I've joined a twenty week waiting list to have a gastric bypass by Mr Khan at Walsall Manor Hospital.

I'm excited, scared, happy, tearful and a whole number of emotions now that I finally know it's going to happen.

So this is me, pleased to be in the WLS club :)

well done .. 20 weeks bet u cant wait! xx

Well done purpleprincess29, goes to show it is worth hanging in there and not giving up.:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Congratulations!

wowzers! well done you hun! good luck xxxx

Hey purpleprincess i wondered where you'd gone!

Well done to you! I'm ringing this week to see if i've been discussed at the MDT and on the list.... Who knows we could be in at the same time? When was your last clinic appt? Ooh am excited for you now lol xx

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D so so pleased for you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thank You

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I did join here yonks ago before the WLS had it's own site but didn't want to stick around till I knew it was something that would be happening for me, not wanting to get my hopes up if it wasn't going to happen. Now I'm looking forward to joining others on the same journey :D

Hi Purpleprincess29, congratulations on getting on the waiting list but if you dont mind me asking why has it taken so long, I thought Wolverhampton did automatic funding?

You will soon be on the loosing bench :)

Hi Julie

Hey purpleprincess i wondered where you'd gone!

Well done to you! I'm ringing this week to see if i've been discussed at the MDT and on the list.... Who knows we could be in at the same time? When was your last clinic appt? Ooh am excited for you now lol xx

Hi Julie,
I saw Dr Hartland about two months ago I think it was, the doctor I had been seeing at the diabetes clinic had already started the ball rolling with the PCT in March before referring me to Walsall so eventually after eighteen months of being messed about it seems I'm finally on track.

I had a letter through the post today from the Manor confirming that I have been put on the surgery list and the current waiting list is approximately twenty weeks. It mentioned nothing about approved funding so I rang up to ask if it was still 'subject to approval' and she told me the funding must have been agreed as they cannot put you on the waiting list until the approval was received.

Whilst at the appointment I saw Anna the nurse, a dietician and Doctor Hartland, all seemed very informative, helpful and more importantly non-judgemental. I don't know if this was yours or anyone else's impression? Walsall Manor outpatients itself has always been a bit old and cruddy in my experience, but the staff made up for it. I went with a set mind of having a band and after talking it through decided the bypass was more appropriate.

At what stage are you? Awaiting confirmation of the funding? If so we could be around the same time next year, that would be so cool :cool: x

Hi purpleprincess

I have done my first two appt's the last one been the 27th Nov where i was told to wait for two pre op appt's and to go give blood to the vamps in pathology.

Last time i spoke to WM admin (Tracy Lowe) she said i'd be discussed at the MDT meeting and then go on the list. Being under the same pct as you we are automatically funded......

Purple? Do you do facebook? If so add me [email protected] and we can chat properly if i can catch you on lol, it's nice to have friends along the same length of journey as yourself xx

Congratulations.

Rebirth

OMG I'm so excited now, had another letter today with two appointments in.

12th March for blood tests etc. and the second on the 13th April to see the anaesthetist which ties in with the approx. 20 week waiting list for the operation.

I can't believe this is actually happening now, it's been such a long wait and finally it seems like it's all going to become a reality.

I know once the operation is done a whole new challenge begins, but at least it's a big step towards the final goal!

Well done you for keeping fighting. You will go through all the emotions I am sure but good luck with your journey xx

Back