• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First appointment. Advice needed.

LoLa1980

Hi, I went to my doctors 'begging' for a gastric band. She referred me to Salford Hospital. I have an appointment at the weight management department with Dr Syed's team on friday. Does anyone know what will happen on this appointment? Will they look into me having the gastric band, or will they want to try other methods first?

My history- I am 32, 5"4' 19 stone, BMI 45+, with impaired glucose tolerance, therefore high risk of developing diabetes.
I have joined all the slimming clubs, used reductil, orlistat, and phentermine, seen a dietitian, etc. I used Lipotrim 3 years ago and got down to 8 stone!! I split up with my hubby, and piled all my weight back on :cry: I have tried LT since but just cannot get my head in gear. I feel I have tried everything else and think the gastric band is all that's left. Being so much overweight has dramatically changed my life, I am a huge comfort/ binge eater, I never go out as I'm too ashamed and I feel I'm a let down to my boys

Any advice on what will happen Friday and how to proceed with the gastric band would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance. :eek:

Hello and welcome!! It looks like you've posted in the gastric bypass section. There is a Gastric Band area where people will be able to fill you in with great detail about what to expect.
Cheers and luck with your journey!

Back