• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sad News

Very sad news x

So so sad, this is by no means an easy option. Thought and prayers are with her family. Sleep tight xxx

I'm floored by this news...I read the article on line...It's so sad.

It appears to be like Mintball and Nic's friend who felt that something was not right...How could the bowel get perforated?

It certainly brings it home to you.

My heart does go out the poor family...and I hope they get this thoroughly investigated.

(((hugs)))

Incredibly sad news to hear, so sorry. My thoughts go out to all her friends and family.

:cry::cry::cry:

very sad news im pre op and i must admit wen i hear of such sad things happening it does make me worried but every thing in life is a riske and its still one im prepared to take. i have 2 friends who have had the op one is so well now but the other as never been well since she had hers in april 08. shes just been back in hospital again and as only been out about a week but ive just been told that the police and ambulance were at her house earlyer , they came with blue lights n sirens and the ambulence left the same way. i left it a couple of hours then i rang but there was no answer and im so worried womndering if shes ok i know somethings happend it might have nothing to do with that i know but watever im really woried

Kat, I hope your friend os ok...xx

Such sad news.
As others have said we 'know' there are risks, but you don't really expect it to happen. I think if we did focus heavily on the risks then we, perhaps, wouldn't go through with it. We have to trust our surgeons and, if they think the risk is low or worth taking, then we have to put our faith in them.
Interestingly, I watched a programme several weeks ago about teenagers undergoing wls. A comment was made about the mortality rate being 1 in 150. This made me wonder if, although the risk is still there, due to whatever reasons, the surgery is becoming slightly safer.
This is no consolation, though, to this poor lady and her family and friends who have experienced such a sad loss. RIP

Very sad news my spymapthy goes out to her family and friends. Espcially sad when something like this happens and her life would have been so much better had she survived.

Its hard for me to hear stories like these, as not having been through the surgery I start to second doubt myself. Do I REALLY need the surgery? yes i do and I am atm in the middle of kicking myself to write my daughter and hubby a letter...just in casee. It sounds morbid i know, but Id rather put my thoughts down now than not be able to after. :(

pauline please don't feel guilty. This is very sad news indeed but you are not at fault. I felt guilty when my bypass went wrong because I knew there were a lot of other bypassers around me at the time but these things happen and we can do nothing about them.

Kat I'll pray that your freind is ok, fingers crossed.

Bonita.
xx

Back