• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sad News

paulineiw

Six Month Post Op
I am so sad and shocked to hear that a lovely lady that I was chatting to when she went for her preassessment at The Spire in Southampton sadly died after her bypass surgery. She was such a lovely lady and reassured me over my concerns about the op. I feel so sad for her family, friends and especially for her, she just wanted to be able to be able to play with her grandchildren.

It makes me realise how precious life is. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to all her family.

I was lucky to have received first class treatment at The Spire, we are all told of the risks you just don't expect them to happen.:cry:

What sad sad news :(

I am so sad and shocked to hear that a lovely lady that I was chatting to when she went for her preassessment at The Spire in Southampton sadly died after her bypass surgery. She was such a lovely lady and reassured me over my concerns about the op. I feel so sad for her family, friends and especially for her, she just wanted to be able to be able to play with her grandchildren.

It makes me realise how precious life is. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to all her family.

I was lucky to have received first class treatment at The Spire, we are all told of the risks you just don't expect them to happen.:cry:

:eek::eek::eek: Omg I'm so sorry to hear that

im so sorry to here this sad news, none of us expect it to happen to anyone we know or even to ourselves, but it is reality a sad one at that.:hug99:

I am so sorry. It is so awful. Her family (and you) will be in our thoughts.

So sorry to hear of your sad news x

Awww that's soo sad hun:(:(:(

Oh Gosh... so sorry to hear that news. We seem to be having a run of bad news about WLS here on Mini's at the moment.

What would I do without you guys, thanks for your support, I feel guilty that I am ok.

Don't feel guilty!!!! We all know the risks but it's just awful when it happens. It's so sad when someone is just trying to make their life better. What actually happened - do you know? Mxx

:cry:That's so sad :(

There is a full report of her sad death on the iow county press website, apparently her bowel was perforated and she developed peritonosis, she had the op on a Thursday and was sent home on the Sunday not feeling too good and got admitted to St Marys on the Island a few days later where she sadly died.

As much as they tell us about the risks we never want to hear them do we? Every single one of us was at risk and luckily enough we survived. Its an awful shame when we hear of the death of a fellow weight loss surgery patient especially someone we know but this does happen and we still go through with having the surgery. Your friend knew the risks but the want of a better,healthier life out weighed those risks.Really sad for her family and friends and my thoughts are with all of them. Sending the mini's angel to give love to your friend.:angel:

How very sad, poor lady was chasing a dream we all have... Thoughts go to her family x

its a gamble we all take, the majority will be fine but the stats are there and its sad to hear about the ppl that didnt make it after there wls op, it brings to light how this is soooo not an easy decision that any of us has made or any one to make pre op, this is why i strongly believe wls should only be a last resort option and not looked at by a few nieve people as there eay way out xxxx

Back