• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Appointment

janet_hi

Well I had my first group session on 7th Nov but my long awaited appointments for Consultant and Dietician are this week on Fri 13th March so hoping that I might get some answers! Will update after appointments. I am excited but worried it's going to be another long wait. But not long now, fingers crossed lol

pinkcere

Hey Janet,

Long time no talk...I can't believe is March already!! At least things are moving in the right direction for us. I'm still waiting for my date was told this week it will be another 4 weeks waiting yet. Good luck with your appointment this friday! keep us posted. :)

janet_hi

Hey Janet,

Long time no talk...I can't believe is March already!! At least things are moving in the right direction for us. I'm still waiting for my date was told this week it will be another 4 weeks waiting yet. Good luck with your appointment this friday! keep us posted. :)

Well it's lovely to hear from you too! I will let you know on Friday how the appointments went lol. Sorry to hear you have got to wait another 4 weeks I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xx

pinkcere

I will be keeping an eye here to know the news. Fingers crossed too!! :)

janet_hi

Hi, just an update I went for my appointment today to see Consultant and he said I would benefit from surgery.

Unfortunately, the Dietician was sick so my appointment for her was cancelled so I have to wait to see her.

But, on the upside he was pleased with my weight loss and said if Dietician agreed I would be looking at May or June for surgery. Fingers crossed

pinkcere

Great news Janet!!! Now is just this waiting game! But hey at least now is a different wait is the date, the surgery date and sure we will get it!! That is the most important thing!! :)

janet_hi

Great news Janet!!! Now is just this waiting game! But hey at least now is a different wait is the date, the surgery date and sure we will get it!! That is the most important thing!! :)

I have got appointment with Dietician on 16th April hopefully she will agree with the Consultant and agree for me to have surgery! Fingers crossed, but knowing my luck she will want to see me several times!

janet_hi

I'm afraid my appointment with Dietician didn't go to well due to not doing a 3 day practice of the Milk diet. When I went in Nov they said you could trial the Milk or 1000 cal diets to see which one we wanted to do. So as I have done both diets before I decided when the time came I would do the Milk one to reduce Liver.

Also they said there was a problem with my bloods but it didn't say on my notes what was wrong. I did say I could start milk diet tomorrow and I did! But, I still had dieticians appointment for June so I emailed the Bariatric Nurse with my concerns of Blood test and diet as I thought I had done everything. I felt I had been put to back of list due to dietician being sick and original appointment being cancelled.

So she found out that my bloods are a little vitamin D deficient which is lucky as I have been taking multi-vitamins and vitamin D+Calcium. Also arranged an appointment on 11th May to find out what operation I will have! So excited yay!! On the next step of the ladder

janet_hi

Hi folks I had my appointment today with Bariatric Nurse which went very well I was there two and half hours, I have been Randomized for the By-Band Study today and will be having the Bypass. Yay

For those of you that are thinking of doing the Study from June it will be between Band, Bypass and Sleeve!

Su2ie

Oooh you're very brave doing the study!! Not sure I would've liked to be randomised!! :) though I didn't have much choice, I was told bypass was the only option due to a big hiatus hernia and reflux issues.

I bet you'll get a great follow up though being part of the study ;)

janet_hi

Hi Su2ie, Yes there will be a good follow up as the study is three years. But I'm so glad I got the Bypass cannot wait for my date lol

janet_hi

Oooh you're very brave doing the study!! Not sure I would've liked to be randomised!! :) though I didn't have much choice, I was told bypass was the only option due to a big hiatus hernia and reflux issues.

I bet you'll get a great follow up though being part of the study ;)
Hi Su2ie, I am glad I got the By-pass as I didn't really want the Band but thought if it came out with randomisation at least I would have the 3 year follow up care. So I Am glad I am on it. You can come out of the study at any point no questions asked. But, I'm sure I will go all the way! Hopefully, I will get my surgery date soon :eek:) Some amazing before and after pictures including yours on here giving us newbies inspiration x