• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first time here!!

karen e

Hi everyone
Its my first time here so not sure what to say!!
im awaiting a gastric bypass at the royal bournmouth nhs funded, i was told there was a 4 month wait that time has now passed so hopefully i will hear something soon,ive had my bloods,seen dietitian,seen mr byrom. Every day i look for mail is it the same for everyone who is waiting? Anyway just wanted to say hi and im looking forward to learning loads from reading your posts.:)

cafh

Hi Karen

Welcome to the site. I am also waiting for surgery at the royal bournemouth. I have seen the surgeon too and the dietician and am still waiting for a date. When I saw the surgeon in July, they said about 3-4 months then...I'm not sure if there is a delay atm?

Carre

Hi I'm due for my wls in oct can't wait, you will find lots of help and support on this site. If you ever need anyone to talk to give me a message xx hope the op comes soon for you.

dimond

Hi and welcome, hope,you don't have to wait too long! X

ceejay

Hi Karen and welcome to this great place. Ask any questions and you'll get loads of answers from pre and post oppers.
Best of luck to you.

OOnion

Welcome Karen - waiting is the worse bit of the whole process... once the waiting is over you are on easy street!! Good luck - I am sure you will find this site a great resource, I know I have done. The people are all lovely and there will always be someone to share things with as they will have probably been through it too! xx

Vespa

Hi Karen,

I was the same just call them to hase they can say where you are on the list. I'm having a band fitted on Friday! Eeeek!

Good luck hun x

karen e

hi cath
thanks for your reply i was seen in april and was told 3-4 months also. I have called 3 times to be told they cant give more notice than 3 weeks for op date!! so its just a waiting game.

cafh

hi cath
thanks for your reply i was seen in april and was told 3-4 months also. I have called 3 times to be told they cant give more notice than 3 weeks for op date!! so its just a waiting game.

So I could be looking at early next year then. To be honest I don't mind waiting a bit as i know it will happen and it gives me some time to save. I don't get paid sick so the longer the better I guess for that. At least then I know I don't have to rush back to work and can recover at my own pace.

I'm having a sleeve so I'm not sure if they have you on a different waiting list for each surgery.

I hope you hear soon though :)