• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd band fill and still nothing

marie1000

Hi

I am a bit concerned. I have had my second band fill and still don't feel that much different!

is this normal?

thanks

Hi,
I feel just the same way - i have had 2 band fills so far and I can eat just how I did before the operation. Am relying totally on my will power - but at times find myself eating junk again. It feels really frustrating - I am back on Tues for another fill -will let you know if it helps.
Rachel x

Yes it is perfectly normal.

I'm still not where I need to be and do rely on willpower. There is nothing I can't eat!

I can't eat massive meals and if I eat a bit too much or too quick I know the band is there, my problem is that I can be wanting food again within an hour of a meal.

It takes time as you can see I am nearly a year out and still not getting the restriction I need x x

Stick with it x

I recently had my first fill and I do not feel much difference as I can eat anything and everything but with moderation which I believe it's a bit helpful. Because my weight is either getting off slow or stable. So it's better than gaining. I am just two months post op so I believe in taking things slowly as I don't want to rush my fills and start having embarrassment with food getting stuck or acid reflux when going out with friends.( they don't know about my band).

So I believe it's normal, I think they say most people need several fills to get to that sweet spot, so I am sure you will attain what u have set for urself.

it can take a while to get the restriction in a good spot bands are long haul not quick fix just follow eating advise stick to smaller portions and it will come right with time and more fills

Try not to worry. The battle with weight loss is a lot to do with the mind. I am not sure if the 'sweet spot' is going to be the same for every bander. Restriction is a strange thing. Over two years out, and I do often still feel hunger with 10.5 mils in my 14 mil band. I also don't have restriction all the time. Sometimes I am tight and could eat no more than 1200 cals a day. Sometime I can eat a horse so I have to make the right choices consciously. Having the band in the background always makes me think though. I don't want to get to the stage when I have the band kick in and tell me to stop ... As that's when it's too late generally, if you know what I mean :rolleyes: that's how the band works for me ... 150lbs+ down ... But for you it maybe different ... Bear with it (mind adjustment is gonna be far more powerful than band adjustments) and don't be tempted to rush the fills :) xxx

I completely agree with flutterby, weight loss with the band is definitely a mental process. I found in the first few months of having my band I was more interested in the restriction and thought that was the only path to losing, but after getting advice from this forum and then seeing a private Dr for a fill, that restriction is really only about 25% of the process.

I think my biggest hurdle in the beginning was eating until I felt full and maybe to some extent overeating because I didn't have restriction. I changed that style of eating and now I eat smaller portions which keep me satisfied. And who knew drinking water as a wieght loss tool worked.

I recently had 4ml taking out of my band so technically was able to eat everything. But I have managed to continue eating like my band is at full restriction.

Try not to wait for the ultimate restriction. Also i noticed that it took at least three to four weeks for restriction to take effect whenever i had fills done. Start changing your eating now, Try to serve yourself less food. Good luck and don't get disheartened.

Yes it is perfectly normal.

I'm still not where I need to be and do rely on willpower. There is nothing I can't eat!

I can't eat massive meals and if I eat a bit too much or too quick I know the band is there, my problem is that I can be wanting food again within an hour of a meal.

It takes time as you can see I am nearly a year out and still not getting the restriction I need x x

Stick with it x

When you say you know the band is there what happens please x

i just feel uncomfortable and get shoulder pain, followed by lots of burping ha ha x x

no its not. it might be thatyou are eating too quickly I get it then as well.

Back