• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Charing Cross

Mimsie67

Hey I am becoming a little concerned as there don't seem to be many people on here that have had WLS at Charing Cross, London. I was told by my GP that it was a centre of excellence so I expected to find a few more people on here!!!!

Probably worrying myself stupid for no reason again.

Please get in contact if you are under Charing X!!!!!

Wouldnt worry - this site is country wide so everyone is from everywhere - also remember that your surgeon probably operates elsewhere so google him.

Hi I think there are a few people on here that are under charing x I am sure they will be on soon to reassure you.

Hi MIMSIE
I`m waiting to have my surgery at Charing Cross but I have to wait and have tests done on my heart first . I`v been speaking to a right few people that have had their surgery there and have nothing but praise for the team and the hospital . I have meet the team in Belfast and they are really lovely to talk to . Keep in touch . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

Thank you all very much for your reassurance, just having a wobbly moment!!!!!

Have had some more information sent to me now which has answered quite a few questions for me.

Keep me updated on how it all goes. I will let you know how I get on at my 1st appointment in a couple of weeks.

Hi Mimsie

I've been referred to Charing Cross and have my first appointment there on 9th Oct 09. Not quite sure what to expect as yet but trawling the internet it does look as if they're quite a good team.

Janet
xx

Charing cross is one of London's top hospital's i'm sure your be well looked after, Take care & good luck

Hi Mimsy

Brett had his operation at Charing Cross Hospital.

There are a few from Mini's that have been under them...can't remember the names though...and there was a lady who was turned down (can't remember why now...I got old timers disease so can't remember squat these days) but she wrote to, or her GP wrote to Charing Cross and they accepted her and did her op for her too...(who was it?...was a nice success story...anyone remember her name?)

Anyway, it sounds like they are a really great hospital for WLS.

Good luck on your appointment.

(((hugs)))

Brett had his op at the Whittington in north London, not the Charing Cross. All hospitals that do weight loss surgery are brilliant though!

Thanks you lot for all the fab support. I don't know what I would do without you all.

just looking at this post.....it's a shame that in our profile that is shown, you know the bit that shows, starting/actual weight, bmi etc, that there couldn't maybe be a box for which hospital we're at, and then of course be able to search for members via a certain hospital....is this feasable??

I am scheduled for a bypass at Charing Cross in early November. I too have been searching for diaries of people who were "done" at CX, just to see how their experiences differ from others.

You can do a text search for the hospital but it is a bit hit and miss depending on how folks have spelt it.

just looking at this post.....it's a shame that in our profile that is shown, you know the bit that shows, starting/actual weight, bmi etc, that there couldn't maybe be a box for which hospital we're at, and then of course be able to search for members via a certain hospital....is this feasable??

I suppose you could always ask Pierce or someone in the technical support section. I am sure though, if you go into User CP you could find a space in the section that asks what diet you are doing, you could put the hospital you are with. Perhaps try it?

Back