• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first meeting

girly girl

going for first group meeting with mr small on wed can any 1 tell me what will happen feeling very uneasy not very good in groups

sorry cant help you but from what others have said they are normally pretty informal and easy going. Relax keep calm and youll be fine and normally you can take some one else with you but i'm sure someone with more experience will be along soon.

going for first group meeting with mr small on wed can any 1 tell me what will happen feeling very uneasy not very good in groups

hi my surgeon is mr small, i didnt go to a group meeting but janie71 did go to a meeting not so long back, maybe pm her and ask her how it went, im sure she put a thread on here about it but i cant seem to find it.

liz x

I had my first meeting with mr small on the 7th it was so GOOD it was a seminar the surgen talked about all the opps you can have and there were more than i thought the dietitian talked about how she would help and what to expect there was a slide show with pics of other people that had had surgery done and one lady was there that had had a bend done 5 years ago she had gone from a size 30 to about a 10 she was answering quistions you get a book that tells you how the program gos (you allready told at seminar) then at the end you get your weight taken ready for your next app but the plan gos (Seminar /review clinic for medical and dietetic assessment weight loss target about 8-10 lb/review clinic /weight loss achieved agree surgery /waiting list /weight check /SURGERY) all in all it takes about 7 month but dont be scared take some with you there were a lot of people there but only about 15 were for op others were ther as friends and family ask as many questions as you can think of if any one has any more just ask if i can help i will if you havent told anyone your going dont worry i went on my owen (oh had kids)and it was fine good luck to all ,LISA:)

Hi jayne

No date yet but they said about 8 weeks from 7th waiting to set up new clinics but will be ringing befor that im very impatiant will let you no when and how i get on any thing else just ask,:)
Lisa

Hi
little update going for my next appointment tomorrow (review medical and diet assessment, weight loss target) have to go to Ryhope general dont no if it is alway there will let you no what happens tomorrow.

2nd visit

Hi
ok i had to fill in 2 forms just questens about how your weight controls your life and emotions befor seeing dietician. she done my weight then we talked about eating habits she them asks if you have a opp in mind then tells you what she thinks would suit you (nothing is decided) with me she was on the fence over band or bypass she gave me a 10lb weight loss target and said i would be seen in 3-4 months. but if i go back and havent lost i will be taken off the list.

then i say the nurse and see asked about health history and tablets i was on now she dos more questions on sweet food and what you drink. as i really like choc and drink fizzy pop she was putting me down for bypass but still put i was open to change if needed as that was what i said she then told me it would go to a panel meeting where the surgens and nurses look at all the cases and put down what they all think based on what you have told them that day so when you go back they have what they think is best
i was told if i wanted a band but they thought i would suit a bypass that is what i would be offered
as they have had so many people that would suit a bypass but have fought for band and they have done it but 3-4 years later coming back for bypass they are very striced now
i asked when they thought i would have the opp and was told about jan so it is about 1 year from seminar to opp.
hope this helps
sorry about spelling
xxxx

Hi
forgot to say you have to see your gp for full fasting bloods 2 lots

Hi forgot to add to this but got my next app for the 15th june (so now trying very hard to get this 10lb off)

follow on

Hi
well had my app today with surgen i have lost 1st in 9weeks (allmost fell through the floor) there was a 1.5 hour delay but when i got in he asked to see food diary then asked if i still wanted bypass i said no would rather go for band he said he would do the band but when they had descussed my case they thought i would suit a bypass more but as i had made a lot of changes he was happy to band me .buuut as we got talking and i asked more well to cut a long story short im having a bypass .as i have reflux i have to have a camera put down befor opp which will be in about 6 months for the op .that is the waiting time at the mo but sorry to say for any 1 going to sunderland the list time is getting longer (so ill have a lovely xmas but never mind oh working xmas day any way) so that is it for now just have to keep lossing weight ready for op .haveing a very nice bottle of red wine tonight to celebrate
thank

Thanks sarah
ill be picking your brains a lot over the next few months

Hi
well had my app today with surgen i have lost 1st in 9weeks (allmost fell through the floor) there was a 1.5 hour delay but when i got in he asked to see food diary then asked if i still wanted bypass i said no would rather go for band he said he would do the band but when they had descussed my case they thought i would suit a bypass more but as i had made a lot of changes he was happy to band me .buuut as we got talking and i asked more well to cut a long story short im having a bypass .as i have reflux i have to have a camera put down befor opp which will be in about 6 months for the op .that is the waiting time at the mo but sorry to say for any 1 going to sunderland the list time is getting longer (so ill have a lovely xmas but never mind oh working xmas day any way) so that is it for now just have to keep lossing weight ready for op .haveing a very nice bottle of red wine tonight to celebrate
thank

hi lisa. thats fantastic news, im so pleased for you, the time will pass by b4 you know it.

im over the moon for you hun x

liz x

Thanks liz

Back