• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First time exercise?!

kerrymarie

Hey all,I had a gastric bypass 4 weeks ago and i am dying to get back into exercise, when did everyone start exercising again? xx

Walking is about all that would be advisable just yet. 'Normally' it's after your first post op appointment where they say whether you should be doing much. But certainly at this stage, walking would be all that's advisable.

I just want to get back to it to get toned up a bit dont really wanna leave it all down to surgery!! I will leave the exercise plan upto my personal trainer! i didnt really rest as much i was back at work after 2 weeks!! xx

You might be able to do lunges. Stepping forward style and side to side style. They don't seem like much but they are good core exercises and really strengthen.
Good luck, I'm sure you will be released to full 'duty' after your 4/5 week appointment.

I was advised no resistance exercise for 12 weeks as you are a hernia risk until fully healed. Lunges would not be a good idea either until you are cleared by your GP

im the same desperate to get back to swimming, anyone have any idea on how soon tht could be, i had surgery on the 20th march, even just to get in the pool and paddle about, just to give me something to do.

Back