• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First weight management meeting

dawn08

Hi everyone ,
Just felt like I had to mention what happened at my first 12 week group meeting and although I can laugh about it now I was so furious today . The group meeting is held at our local leisure centre and baring in mind it's nerve racking and it s a massive step for us all . I walked up to reception and before I could say a word a 7 stone wet through receptionist said " you here for the weight management can you sit over there with the rest of them" . I went beserk to say the least was I being unreasonable ? I could have been a customer asking about membership or anything but she just assumed because I was overweight I belonged sat in the corner like cattle . Great first start , after I mentioned it others in that group also said she did the same thing when they arrived ..... Disgusting !! sorry for the rant feel better now

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

don't feel sorry ! I would be mad too if that had happened to me
you already nervous about taking this step and you would have thought that a "pep talk" would have been given to staff there as to how people who are attending may be feeling
it could have so easily made you turn on your heels and run to the nearest sweetie shop or take away shop!
hope things are much better when you return
x

Hi
Im sure it will be thanks , I brought it up the the relevant staff there so hopefully it won't happen again to others x

Hi Dawn, just pm'd you before I saw this. Think I'm glad I've gone for 1 on 1 now, what a cheek! Hope it went ok though x

Hi Leda
Ended up turning out ok and in a weird way I'm sort of glad it's the group now X

Just got your message, thanks. I've no choice but to wait untill the March one now as I have to babysit Tuesdays also for a while. Mines Wednesdays and at the moment is the best day for me unless they ring with a better offer. I hope you find it really helpful and lose lots of weight :) x

Back