• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fish shop

happy days

Decided to treat the family to fish n chips for dinner, so I thought I wud have a sausage then just pinch a few of hubby's chips. Whilst happily tucking away into I noticed I hadn't felt full at all, went home to finish my housework at approx 12:30 and have only just woke up. The food hasn't made me bad or dump but I've never felt such a earge to sleep. Anyone else had this?

I haven't but eating sausage made me sick as did burgers. I take the end of someone else's fish and a few of their chips.

Its dumping!You can either have nausea,runs,flushes,fatigue,stomach ache all or one of the above.Everyone is different.I dont dump just heat up after eating.Only 50% will dump.

I didn't know I thought dumping was just sickness, sweats palpitation and diarrhoea. Didn't even think about fatigue.
Thanks for that xx

If i go to the chippy i have a fish remove all the batter and have a separate portion of peas with it. You definatly dumped and remember fish from the chippy are fried!! so absorbe even more fat.

i have what i refer to as 'mini dumps' and my sypmtoms vary each time, sometimes just feeling sickly but often accompanied by any one or all of the other sypmtoms, including extreme drowsiness. (i don't vomit, which is why i call them mini dumps) One night i felt so weak i could barely get up the stairs to bed. Whats worse is my tolerance varies from day to day, so something i was okay with the day before might catch me out the next day. I find i'm getting more sensitive to fats as time wears on as i have found myself dumping lately on stuff i have always been okay with. Its very peculiar !

I eat the inside of a mince pie n sumtimes a little bit of the base, n nick about 2-3 chips off my bf he does mind as am normally paying still lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hopelesscase said:
If i go to the chippy i have a fish remove all the batter and have a separate portion of peas with it. You definatly dumped and remember fish from the chippy are fried!! so absorbe even more fat.

I got told tgat if u removed the batter it was ok, as the batter holds all the oil n fats, same with fried chicken..... This cud be wrong info.... But i'd love to no if any1 nos xx

Hi All,

I have had some mega dumping sessions on foods I had previously eaten and had no problem with. Just 4 weeks ago I had a 1/4 pounder chicken burger (I had eaten 1/2 of the same burger 4 days previously) Not 15 mins later I was incredibly ill with all the above symptoms for approx 3 hours. The food was oven baked and pretty dry but the burger had already absorbed the fat on cooking and though moist and delicious, I haven't had one since and I love chicken. I often find foods that I have eaten and been ok with makes me either dump or mini dump as Jayne describes. I think with me it depends on what i have with those previously ok foods that makes me mini dump. I now read contents of all foods before I mix them with other foods to make sure the fat and sugar content does not go above what is recommended. Such a pain when shopping but I havent had a major dump and hope that by being vigilant I can get past them. I live in hope :D xx

batter

i was told at weight watchers that if you remove the batter u take most of the fat away. so as far as im aware that is correct . working in the chippy i see all the fat dripping off the fish n chips so puts me off anyways ..xx

I got told tgat if u removed the batter it was ok, as the batter holds all the oil n fats, same with fried chicken..... This cud be wrong info.... But i'd love to no if any1 nos xx

OMG im nearly 3 years out and (touch wood) never dumped but equally not had anything that should make me dump. the thought of eating processed and sweet food just makes me gag.

Saying that i have developed a real love for cooking and make some fantastic puddings but use natural fruit sugars and things like reduces fat creme fresh and sour cream in both sweet and savoury foods. Dave is also a good cook and if hes cooking he always checks out with me if what he is planning on doing is suitable. I really enjoy food these days and like i said earlier still have the occasion trip to the chippy but have fish and remove the batter as its the batter that holds the fat. if i want chips i either use my tefal actifry or do potato wedges in the oven with just a little spray of olive oil.

I'm 12 weeks post op and have had "sugar" dumps on fruit juice(even though it was diluted), fortimel drinks and mini milks. They haven't been too bad though, just feeling offish and having heart palpitations.
The "fat" dumps for me are awful. Luckily i've only had one and i had 3 bites of a childs sub roll and ended up in bed with severe fatigue for 5 hours.....won't be doing that again, i'm convinced it was the cheese on it...didn't even think!! x

What type of low fat cheese would people recommend please? I was checking on the Tesco website and they seem to have an awful lot of fat per 100g so didn't buy any as I am scared they might make me dump. However in the bottom of my freezer I have two packets of low fat Cathedral City that I bought on special offer a while back. Would they be good? I am wondering if because it would be just a small piece grated that it wouldn't matter so much?

i think its less than 5% per 100g, im sure i'll be corrected soon lol x

i think its less than 5% per 100g, im sure i'll be corrected soon lol x

No you're in the ballpark with this chuck. Five percent fat tops is the target we should strive to stay below. However even 5% could cause dumping if we eat a lot of food that is at five percent as its the total volume of fat intake that counts not just the percentage of fat, and what we get away with today might whack us the next day. That's the hardest thing about being post op, it's like Russian roulette :D

No you're in the ballpark with this chuck. Five percent fat tops is the target we should strive to stay below. However even 5% could cause dumping if we eat a lot of food that is at five percent as its the total volume of fat intake that counts not just the percentage of fat, and what we get away with today might whack us the next day. That's the hardest thing about being post op, it's like Russian roulette :D

woohoo go me :D lol im not right very often, and i'd like to thank you Karlos for all your posts, you are always there with friendly helpful advise, you have a lot of respect on this site, and i was looking at your pics too, omg you look amazing!!! an inspiration to us all :) xxx

i use the cathedral low fat cheese but always have it with carbs and fruit or veg. the rule is 5g per 100g but nuts and cheese are difficult to stay within that so just have half a helping.

By the way, I am not a fan of fish and since having the band I have had aversion theropy to chips as every single little devil always got stuck. The only bit about the fish from fish and chips that I liked was the batter so I can proudly say from now on that I don't like fish and chips :D

Back