• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fish shop

I have to say i worked in a very good fish n chip shop for over 20 yrs and many nights enjoyed a nibble or three (leftovers) and i have to say the smell from the chippy most of the time now makes me want to throw up! Only twice have i brought something for my girls from there and fancied a chip and enjoyed it, the other times my nose wrinkled and you'd have thought i had a pile of manure in front of me. Early out i used to make them open the car windows while i drove home so it didn't linger lol xx

I have to say i worked in a very good fish n chip shop for over 20 yrs and many nights enjoyed a nibble or three (leftovers) and i have to say the smell from the chippy most of the time now makes me want to throw up! Only twice have i brought something for my girls from there and fancied a chip and enjoyed it, the other times my nose wrinkled and you'd have thought i had a pile of manure in front of me. Early out i used to make them open the car windows while i drove home so it didn't linger lol xx

i worked in a chippy once and burned it down :eek:

I got told tgat if u removed the batter it was ok, as the batter holds all the oil n fats, same with fried chicken..... This cud be wrong info.... But i'd love to no if any1 nos xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My old slimming world consultant would tell us that too. SF chicken is different, but the fish with no batter is ok :)

Caren!!!!!!

Did you burn it down??? LOL :8855:

Karlos said:
Just so you know, you're never cooking at my house LOL :D:8855:

That's a result :D

mightyminx49 said:
Caren!!!!!!

Did you burn it down??? LOL :8855:

Yes, yes I did oooops lol

Wow!! How did you manage it?

Fuffs said:
Wow!! How did you manage it?

Well a customer came in late wanting the chips I had left, so I put the pan back on and threw them in, forgot to turn the pan off, locked up and went home :(

Caren you are an absolute little Minx :8855::D:8855::D:8855:

Josiegirl said:
Caren you are an absolute little Minx :8855::D:8855::D:8855:

:D lol

OMG Caren !! Bet you didn't get a Christmas bonus that year.
And I second what Karlos said...

ROFL. can't beleive it- u r so funny girl :eek:)

Well a customer came in late wanting the chips I had left, so I put the pan back on and threw them in, forgot to turn the pan off, locked up and went home :(

OMG!! You must have felt more than dreadful! I think it must be easily done though, as I have done it with my deep fat fryer at home (luckily seems to shut off, so no house fire)

OMG!! You must have felt more than dreadful! I think it must be easily done though, as I have done it with my deep fat fryer at home (luckily seems to shut off, so no house fire)

yessss i felt awful!! but i think the owner did ok out of it, i even got a raise!!! lol

Caren!!!

You got a raise.................. Not on the end of your bosses foot I hope...... :D :8855: :D :8855: :D :8855: :D :8855:

Every cloud etc etc lol x

yessss i felt awful!! but i think the owner did ok out of it, i even got a raise!!! lol

At least he would have got money to make it nice. That's worth a raise any day of the week! Lol

TwinkleTwinkle said:
So now she drives a bus :eek::eek::eek::eek: Anyone live in Basildon ... stay off the roads,lol xxx :D:D:D

Lmao!!!!!!

Back