• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fitbit Ultra - my new toy:)

veronq

I have just bought myself new toy - the Fitbit Ultra. Setting it up right now. Hopping it will motivate me to start moving more. Any one uses Fitbit and what is your opinion?

YAY! I've got a Fitbit One! had it for about 9 days now, they're super addictive!

The Dashboard and log are really useful so you can see what time of the day you are most active. There are some real athletes using fitbit that clock up 10s of thousands of steps a day so don't get disheartened if you don't seem to be as active as others.
Not sure if the ultra is a sleep tracker too, but I've found that the One sometimes picks up steps in the night when I toss and turn, so when I check it in the morning, it'll say I did 7 random steps at 3:45am..when I know I didnt. But otherwise they're very very accurate!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/175263

Last edited by a moderator:
fitbits can be really inaccurate as they register steps when you aren't even moving!

I had a flex which registered sleep when I was awake! And would add on steps even when I wasn't moving. As a motivational tool they are great, as an accurate one they are poor.

The Flex has that issue because you wear it on your wrist, which you move when you sit, talk, eat, sleep, walk etc. The One doesn't have that issue because you wear it in the middle of your bra. :) An article I read before buying it said that the flex picks up 30% more steps than it should and the gadget show showed the One to be 99.2% accurate :)

Thank you girls for your opinion. The ultra one is the same as the "One" one, so it is a sleep tracker as well. The only difference is the ultra cannot be synced via Bluetooth. I agree with what brooke said about the accuracy, I read about it too. But as Top Cat said I am going to look at it as a motivational tool rather than think it's 100% accurate:)
I will try to add you brooke, should be fun:)

Back