• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Five and half weeks out

anna2131

Hiya I'm 5.5 weeks post op
looking at others that had bypass my weight loss seems really slow,iv lost 29 lb since day of op and dropped dress sizes but others seem to have lost loads compared to me,yet im sticking to my advise from hosp,I started on Normal foods tues just gone because my surgeon told me too and finding it ok I don't eat until restriction though as find it uncomfortable!!

Hun you have lost over 2 stone... the size of 4 6lb babies..that is amazing!!
Dont compare yourself to other people as we are all different... i lost a lot at first...but my dietitian has said that she is worried im losing too quickly and said to aim for 1 to 2 lb per week which is a healthy weekly weightloss. so you my lovely are doing just right, carry on as you are, stand tall and be proud my lovely.. your doing fab!! xx

ooh and just looked at my weightloss and in 5 weeks i lost 30lb aswell...so your on par with me...although i did say we shouldnt compare... but stop worrying hun xx

Anna Hunni - you doing great xx I lost 3 stone in first 6 weeks as you know but since that appointment have only lost 8lb ??
I was worried that was doing something wrong or it had stopped working!! As Rayne has said we're all different - as long as it is coming off hun , thats all that matters xx

(Mind last night I did do something wrong and boy did I pay for it :eek: )

Take Care Hunni xxxxx

I have just looked and I lost 29lb in the first 5 weeks. I didn't worry that was slow! I was over the moon! What did you expect to lose? I am shocked you think this!

I am the same, Anna. I only 2 week post-op with a bypass but I have only lost 5lb!!!! I am worrying, but then just think that when I was on SW I was losing average 2.5lb a week and I was happy with that..
I weighed myself nearly everyday last week and like you was dissappointed as 1 day I had gained 2lb, so I decided to either only weigh myself once a week or fortnight.
29lbs is amazing though in 5 week, just over 2 stone!!!
xxx

Girly's I was same - mind I didnt have any scales at home til after my 6 week appointment ! I then bought a set and am I sorry !! Was becoming obsessed by weighing my self all the time - have put them away know and try to resist getting on them too often!!
My weight loss has dramitically slowed down but it still coming off so I'm happy with that!!
We'll get there ladies just in our own time xxxxx Take Care xxxxx

Back