• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fizzy drinks

Sarahmaria

I know fizzy drinks are a big no no after weight loss surgery which i can live with. I was just wondering tho, does anyone know if 'flat' fizzy drinks are ok? The reason i ask is because any time i feel nauseated, a glass of (diet) sprite or 7-up with fizz removed really makes me feel better! Would be a shame to lose this miracle cure lol.

Xx

Thanks hun!x

my group said later on you will be able to have a small fizzy drink.

Thanks for this cos I didnt know and have had a quarter of a can of diet coke since my op then felt very guilty. However I avoid fizzy cos that one discretion gave me terrible gas like what I had just after the op- not a good feeling.

Last edited:
I always drink them, I just add ice and keep a stirrer in my handbag to stir out the fizz. Other wise I wouldn't be able to drink in the pub, no alcohol, J20's make me too full and the same with orange juice, and squash makes me feel like a kid or a tightwad!

They dont do any damage but most people struggle with the gas in them I've tried them and didnt feel rite it was wierd felt like it was stuck, I have drank cider tho but with loads blackcurrant so not so fizzy anymore x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

Random thought came mind! Remember soda stream? They'd work I guess as you control the gas put in!

Back