• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fizzy drinks ?

Tubadale

Am I right in thinking that after a bypass I will not be able to drink fizzy drinks ?.

Ta very glad Dale

I have tried flat fizzy drinks and after one mouthful it fills me up so I wont be rushing to have one...hope this helps..xx

no fizzy drinks for at least a year dale, they will stretch the pouch faster then you want it to, and fill you up so you cannot consume the nutrients you need

I will have to rethink what I can drink when out. I am a musician so find myself spending a lot of time in bars, although I don't drink alcohol. At the moment I was drinking fizzy soft drinks, add to this I am diabetic so I need low sugar drinks. Fizzy drinks tend to be the only ones you can get that are low sugar over a bar.
:(

This for me is also a problem. I am not a big alcohol drinker and even if I did drink it would be vodka and diet coke so thats a no no. I have tried just having fruit juices but this can be acidic on your tum, I have yet to come up with anything I can drink and would welcome any suggestions...on a night out tonight meal and drinks....and whilst I could drink a glass or two of wine I dont really fancy it...so looking for soft drinks that are not fizzy or acidic....HELP lol.xx

I take a small bottle in my bag with squosh in and ask for a glass of water with ice in Nip the loo and put you juice in it That now anyway before the bottle in my bag had vodka in it lol

what about bottled mineral water and a fruit juice, dilute the fruit juice with some water?

I too am not a big drinker but i do drink the occassional white wine so i could nurse one of those most of the night lol

I've had to switch from larger to bitter (which i'm not that keen on)
I'm ok with fizzy drinks, though to be honest i've really cut my consumption of fizzy stuff down and tend to drink juice or squash nowdays, though i still like a G&T on occassion lol :D

just for fun - gulp a couple of mouthfulls of diet coke down fast and see what happens, i burped so violently it came out my nose lol lol :8855:it was funny but something i wont be repeating :8855::eatdrink017:

just for fun - gulp a couple of mouthfulls of diet coke down fast and see what happens, i burped so violently it came out my nose lol lol :8855:it was funny but something i wont be repeating :8855::eatdrink017:

LMFAO :8855:

I'm ok with fizzy drinks, though to be honest i've really cut my consumption of fizzy stuff down and tend to drink juice or squash nowdays, though i still like a G&T on occassion lol :D

Can you do it again and video it :8855:

Yay, I'd pay to see that...and I'm curious now but I daren't do it!!

do it again, do it again x x x rofl

come on do it for us all lol give us a first hand demonstration of why not to drink them :p should get a few laughs out if it as well hehehe

Take a bottle of coke into the garden open it and slide a packet of soft mints into it, and run for cover...........it will explode in a volcano of bubbles 6 foot into the air - thats pretty much what it was like and NO i'm not doing it again for your amusment :8855:

Show your kids, they will love it :8855:

What's wrong with a glass of water lol. That's what I have when I go out anywhere! Guaranteed not to cause you any problems.

I drink diet coke all the time. Surgeon said no problems to drink them, just make sure you de-fizz it first. I find whizzing it up with mini whisk (like the ones you use to mix up the cambridge shakes) really helpful and adding some ice also helps to de-fizz. I've had no problems whatsoever, a bit burpy sometimes if I have a gulp too much but I get this with any drink.

I suppose different surgeons have different rules so see what yours says.

Can you do it again and video it :8855:

and put it on you tube for us all to see :8855:

Back