• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

flash backs to past and liver shrinkage worry

starr

very happy post opper
hi all,hope everyones doing good,i laid in bed lastnight and ended up terrifying myself about my liver shrinkage and my partying past!, i know everyone says 2 weeks is enough , and like many others will start a bit early but i never realised what a lot of partying and drinking we have done over the past few years since our kids grew up , i just started panicing about my liver , bit late now i know! lol,and no we are not raging alcholics but had a sad and bad 10 years losing 2 brothers ,2 sisters , mum and both dads, and decided wed live a lil...which obviously was daft but fun,i stopped smoking last xmas and am teetotal for a few months now , which i will carry on being ,,what i wondered was ive had lots of scans , test , for gall bladder stones and blocked ducts,kidneys checked with camera so surely any probs would have shown up by now ,wouldnt they? ,is it just the night demons that creep into our heads in the middle of the night that make us worry about everything before surgery?, ive asked at hospital and they say not to worry , the pre op diet will do its business! just rather your opinion,, sorry for a boring thread but i cant stop thinking about it ,,,xxxxx

Gosh Starr, I know exactly how you feel. Everything seems worse at night when the grey cells are overactive :( Don't worry too much though as the liver does regenerate & any damage done in the past should have sorted itself out now you are no longer imbibing. ( I would not really know though as I am teetotal, non smoker, oh and a virgin, lol) Scans would have shown any damage up. Chin up, babe :D:D:D

I drank more booze over fifteen years than George Best LOL and though I hadn't drank for ten years I still worried about my liver pre op. I told the surgeon about this and he said if he couldn't do the op Laparoscopically he would open me up and do it the old fashioned way. I'm sure you'll be ok and you're worrying needlessly but have a chat with the cutter and see what he says

Hi Dawn, Ive got my op on the 28th as well, and although i dont drink im still worried about liver shrinkage, well to be honest im thinking of every thing at the mo.... but then again im a born worrier. Im really excited as it seems real now its getting closer but still a little scared too,lol.
When are you planning on starting the pre op ?

thanks love ,x,,we have something in common,i was a virgin once too! haha xxxx,,,,

im thinking about starting it next week ,just an extra week or so,,,,,and i dont really worry much but this bleedin op is seeing a whole new me!,worry , panic,,,,doubt ,,,,driving me insane ,didnt av far to go to be fair! lol

I should be starting my pre-op diet next friday but plan on Monday unstead as a bonus for the surgeon! Make his life easier if I can!

You'll be fine Starr, only 4 weeks for you now!

Tatiana

im sure we all feel the same but you wait so long ,as it gets so near its kind of unreal,strange feeling ,like it wont really happen,,,still cant believe after 35years of trying to lose the weight, ive had to get this surgical help,i always thought id manage to do it on my own one day ,even lost over 8 stone once ,but could never keep it off, im happy and very lucky to get this chance but i do feel a bit of a failure at the moment,think its just an emotional ride , all these feelings ,, keep gettin a little teary,,,,,maybe its cos the old me is gonna change,,oh im just being stupid! ,x lol

I hear ya Dawn!
since I've known I was near the top of the list I keep thinking of all the possible things that can happen to prevent it finally going through. I guess we just have to put them to one side and just concentrate on what we are going to be in the future and how much better our lives will be.

hi all,hope everyones doing good,i laid in bed lastnight and ended up terrifying myself about my liver shrinkage and my partying past!, i know everyone says 2 weeks is enough , and like many others will start a bit early but i never realised what a lot of partying and drinking we have done over the past few years since our kids grew up , i just started panicing about my liver , bit late now i know! lol,and no we are not raging alcholics but had a sad and bad 10 years losing 2 brothers ,2 sisters , mum and both dads, and decided wed live a lil...which obviously was daft but fun,i stopped smoking last xmas and am teetotal for a few months now , which i will carry on being ,,what i wondered was ive had lots of scans , test , for gall bladder stones and blocked ducts,kidneys checked with camera so surely any probs would have shown up by now ,wouldnt they? ,is it just the night demons that creep into our heads in the middle of the night that make us worry about everything before surgery?, ive asked at hospital and they say not to worry , the pre op diet will do its business! just rather your opinion,, sorry for a boring thread but i cant stop thinking about it ,,,xxxxx

Well I enjoyed a lot of partying too!!! And finally I think it caught up with me. My blood test have shown (GP's words) "a bit of fatty tissue"!!!

Went for scan and sure enough its "Fatty" when I discussed this with him he was happy just to comment that now I was addressing the problem with the surgery, so I wasn't overly concerned.:)

I did have to go for repeat bloods this week ( I'm in theatre next Wednesday) and on the screen were the words fatty tissue DISEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! now I'm being extra vigilant with my pre op diet, I don't want anything to stop the op now. But as I said the doctor said that the op will deal with it. So don't worry, if you've had the scans etc they would have found any problems by now.

Well done on the giving up smoking and cutting out the alcohol, your resolve must definatly be on target to make this op a fantastic success:D

I fully understand the night demons though..............they just rage don't they?:eek:

Good Luck with the pre op diet your op date will be here in no time at all and see you on the losers bench.....I'll keep it warm for you :D

My op is on Monday, I've been doing the bloody pre-op diet for 15 weeks and still worrying myself senseless that I'll wake up to be told they couldn't do it because my liver hadn't shrunk enough! Wish there was some was of knowing! X

phew!, im sorry you all have the same fears but happy in a way that im normal!(dont listen to what people say!),,,time will tell with the outcome of the op and liver il just do all i can to make it small and healthy . ,,,,,youve made me feel so much better ,and i got a lil shiver sarah.when you said about the losers bench!!!yippee!,,,,,i cant stop feeling so meloncholy,looking back over the years,,ive been lucky that i went from a very tough irish catholic travellers life ,baby of 11 kids to,a wonderful life with my hubby and kids , i was the fat ,ginger snotnosed kid,who got abuse of all kinds,and never really trusted anyone until my very special hubby came to save me lol,,,,,,,and give me my babies and a better life than i could ever dream off,,the past made me who i am , this op will make my and my loved ones future even better and the past can stay in the past ,,,,but you lot have changed my views on people , thankyou ,,from the first day i came on here i felt comfortable and amonst friends ,i knew i needed you all to get through this journey ,the great advice , a laugh,,,serious discussions sometimes lol ,and even if we disagree its ok,,,,,cos thats how we learn,,,so i just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone really ,and your all amazing . xx

I have not even seen the surgeon yet and im worried about my liver not shrinking enough, almost talked my self out of the op :(

Nooooo, Flower. We go through lots of trials & often wonder if it is worth it but then we read the post op'er threads & realise that YES it is :D:D:D:D Don't get despondent, keep reading all the good threads & imagine that will be you sooner or later :D:D:D xx

dont worry love , i was worrying enough for everyone but my bariatric nurse seems to think as long as you do the lsd will be fine for surgery,so im going to try to stop worrying so muchwith you xxxxxxx good luck xxxxx

dont worry love , i was worrying enough for everyone but my bariatric nurse seems to think as long as you do the lsd will be fine for surgery,so im going to try to stop worrying so muchwith you xxxxxxx good luck xxxxx

LSD? :eek:

Oh liver shrinking diet, ha ha.

Good luck on the pre op and may your liver be tiny for the surgeon xxx

the morning of my surgery my surgeon said my liver was so big he may not be able to do it the blood test had come back really bad and my liver was very very fatty, BUT here i am 3 months post op losing weight nicely and no real problems to speak of so DONT WORRY youre doing everything right xxxx

Back