• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

flying and going on holiday with gastric band

bucks fizz

hi everyone just wondered if anyones experienced any problems with there gastric band while on holiday ie band tightening on flight due to cabin pressure or the heat we are going on 5 hr flight and to egypt any info would be very much appreciated thanks

I have just come back from Florida which is a 9 hour flight and I had no problems at all. I bought a slim fast for the flight but I did eat some food as i felt so comfortable. I didnt feel any difference with the cabin pressure so please dont stress about this. On a four hour flight you will be great.
Enjoy your hols
Jo XX

My band always tightens on long flights but I think it's best to not be too tight in the first place and keep drinking water to make it easier. Have a lovely time in Egypt.

I know someone who has flown quite a few times since their banding op and they dont have no trouble wot so ever.

All the best - MeJulie xx

Hi, I am flying to florida on 22/10 and wondered if I will be ok to fly with 6ml in a 10ml band? I have "normal" restriction and havent had my band fullness altered since june. I also went to cyprus in June and felt fine with the 4 hour flight. Its just you hear the horror stories from the consultants but everyone on here seems to manage fine and I was worried if its just a way for them to make more money? xx

Hi there was just wondering how you got on, on your flight?? I have 5.5ml in a 10ml and currently have no restriction but have still been told not to even try food on my flight to Hong Kong which is 12.5 hours eeeek!!
Thanks
Emma

Back