• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

flying

Wobbly71

Hi everyone.

What's the rules with flying after band?

Looking at maybe a 3 and half hour flight in 3 weeks time. 1st fill monday 1st october. I will ask then but thought someone might know x

not sure but people go to prague and get banded etc and fly home so shouldnt imagine there would be much of a problem just dont eat before you go in case it gets stuck lol

I would like to know this two. I have a fill booked for the 15th of oct and I go to Tenerife for a week on the 9th of November xxx

Hiya
I think like a lot of things where the band is concerned it differs from person to person I was banded in February this year and flew to Hong Kong in July and Turkey in August. I ate on the flights with no problems with 5 ml in a 10 ml band. I wasn't feeling much restriction at all. That said I have had another 0.75 put in and I would be more worried about trying food now!

I had a 9 ml band and had 6.5 ml in it and flew to Italy it was fine but it felt like it filled up a bit sounds daft I know but once landed was ok and if any one has sleep apnea get a letter from your docs and it's free to take on board not part of baggage allowance
Enjoy your flight

Never had a problem with band and flying short or long haul xx

i have flown several times with my band. no problems as such on the flight, but has felt tighter for 2 or 3 days after each flight.

Back