• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Foamies or not??

fatnomoreclo

Hi all,

Earlier on I had some scrambled egg this is the second time I've tried it! I'm 5 weeks post op (bypass) after 4 forkfuls It seemed to get stuck so obviously I stopped eating and threw it up sorry for tmi since then I feel the need to burp but when I do foam comes up! Not in any pain at all just don't know if this is normal as although I was sick when I had scrambled egg before I didn't have this foam! Any advice for me people?

Clo x x

Hi, foam is a completely normal reaction if you get food stuck, it's the digestive system's way of trying to deal with the problem by providing emergency lubrication! The only way to stop this happening is to slow down, chew more thoroughly, and take smaller mouthfuls. It is horrible, but you will learn to avoid it. Good luck!

First time I tried beef I did it and thought I was going to die!! It took quite a while before I managed to 'get rid of
It' (yuk) but have had a healthy respect for beef and also chicken, which are my two dodgy things - I'm gone with them but have to eat them extra-slowly to avoid the foam nightmare!

Typo! I mean I'm FINE with them! Not 'gone' !!

Me too xx
Pork and chicken !! No matter how long I chew back it comes! Ewwwww is horrible, start burping like a monster then I know is inevitable, slimy foams on its way - Yuk xxxx

It will settle as your inside heals and you learn to eat with your new plumbing!

a lot of people cant tolerate eggs... i seem to be ok with them... ive tried scrambled and omelettes... not tried a poached yet.
The foam hun is a natural thing for us now if we throw up.... out new pouches dont produce bile... so it just brings up the regurgitated food in a foam way... if you know what i mean lol xx hope your feeling better now xx

This happened to me 2nite with chicken of all things had it everyday since op n been fine, Im guessing I ate it either too fast or didnt chew it enough, not very pleasant xx

Back