• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I love you but i dont need you anymore !

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
FOOD !

"i still love you but i dont need you anymore !"
food you have dominated my life for many years !
you have controlled me thro my pure addiction for you, i have in the past put you many times in my life before my health and well being, and people close in my life to me, ive put you before all of these important things in my life, thats 100% more important than you. but i did as im a food addict.
now im in charge im in control not you !
i from now refuse to let you dominate and distroy my quality of life.
i need to eat to live now, not live to eat !
this is my message to you "food" and the mindset im now in after 4 years of trying to take control, and i think ive finally sussed it.

weird thread i know, but i just had to type my feelings at this stage.

thanks for reading.

liz x

Phew Liz thought you were saying you did not need "us" anymore....loved your post chick...its very liberating to eat to live and not live to eat....well done chick...xx

Brilliant Liz.... I thought same as Linda though before I opened the thread. I thought it was going to be an "im leaving" post!

Im going to write that out, with some of my own reasons and use it if I ever feel weak after surgery.

Post of the month award!!

id never leave minimins girls, once on a wls journey, then always on one, theres always a time when advice is needed no matter how far down that journey you maybe. i would miss you all if i left, after all this isnt just a place for support its a place of humour and laughter as well as you all cheer me up with a gsoh.

liz x

Im going to write that out, with some of my own reasons and use it if I ever feel weak after surgery.

Post of the month award!!

thankyou for your kind comments sam, i think its great idea to write it out in your own words why you wont need food anymore after surgery as it is a good focus point when hard times come during a wls journey, or any kind of weight loss journey in fact. i wasnt sure wether to put the post on about how i felt but im glad i did now.

liz x

Thats a great post! Hope to feel like that myself one day! x

Well done liz. you have come a long way and with those thoughts you seem like you are winning the battle. Very inspiring too. Well done for sharing.
Best wishes
JO XX

thats brilliant! well done and i cant wait to feel like that one day! x

Well done Liz. Food demons are the hardest to kill because you have to face them 3-4 times per day forever. Thanks for showing us how it is done. You're a star!

Nic:):):)

That is such a powerful, inspiring and liberating post Liz. I'm pretty much at that same point although there are still some residual sadnesses and pinings for my old ways.

phewww liz that had me thinking you were wandering off to new pastures, feel free to shout your demon conquering ways from the rooftops on here :)

thankyou all for you kind words, i never ever thought my mental attidude would feel like this, but it does, im sure all of you can think in a similar way one day. its took along time for my mind to catch up with the changes food brings, its something that just happens in time.

liz x

Hi Liz, I too can totally relate to the addiction side of food. It makes me really frustrated that fat people are open targets for verbal abuse, jokes etc and mostly I am angry that addiction to food is not helped on a serious scale. There are hundreds of support groups, counselling, addiction services for drug or alcohol abusers but very very few for obese people - which can at it's most extreme be as deadly as anorexia or bulimia.
A case in point is a story in one of last weeks mags about a woman who had a bmi of over 100. I can't get the story out of my mind. She could do nothing at all and was cared for by her poor 16 year old son. He tries to give her healthy food but will cry and scream until she gets cake etc. that to me is full on addict behaviour, manipulative and in actual pain for her comfort foods. She was refused WLS until she looses 14 stones.
Liz, your poetic description of food addiction was spot on.

PS if a person gets a friends request and says yes is the person who sent it automatically one of your friends?

hi jenni, thanks for your comments in my thread.

im not sure about the freinds list thing, but click on your own name then view profile, and see whos on your friends list.

That is such a powerful, inspiring and liberating post Liz. I'm pretty much at that same point although there are still some residual sadnesses and pinings for my old ways.

the pining and wanting for the old ways never go away, what does happen and will happen for you also is "you being in control" of the craving for the old ways, yes you can have the treats you crave, but when you want them, not when the food cravings tell you that you need them. your in control claire not the food, show foods whos boss ! its you thats in control not it.

liz x

Back