• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

food boundaries

sunny69

can you eat anything with the sleeve i.e beef, chicken, bread, i did have the band but there was a lot of things i couldn't ea,t even had trouble swallowing paracetamol.

The answer I think would be yes. However, I have stopped eating meat as the density of it filled me too quickly. Fish on the other hand is lovely to eat with my sleeved stomach.
Again, yes you can eat bread. But on the odd occasion I have a little, it's too stodgy for me.
I've never had a band so couldn't explain the difference.

I think whatever you have, the trick is to chew well and to take smaller mouthfuls. I guess that's the same with any WLS.

Good luck

Cheers for this question sunny69 - I'm still on liquids but was wondering the same. And thanks for the replies :)

I had my sleeve with Mr Halstead, with my sleeve there's a lot of stuff I don't eat now as my stomach is so small it doesn't go in very well. Also I can have a mix of food at once, others can but it depends how big your sleeve is. It depends on what you are thinking you might be eating.

I don't so much have food boundaries but rather diffident restrictions for different good types. For example I can eat a small salmon fillet but would struggle eating a whole chicken fillet if that makes sense. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi, yes had my band fitted with THG in march 2012, on the advice of the hospital group consultation saying the band was the best option, then i started to have a lot of problems severe reflux constant chest and back pain, even liquids would get stuck i would be vomiting blood it was so scary, after paying £5000 i could not afford to go private again for x/rays etc, with the help of my local hospital they found me a nhs gasto dr, who finally x rayed me, barium meal etc, and said the band has slipped and its got to come out, this was in june of this year, my problems have now gone but have regained most of the weight that i had lost and i am absolutely gutted, i just wish at the time of the consultation that i was told of the possibility of what could go wrong, i wish that in my heart that i would have gone for the sleeve, i cant afford another £10000 for the sleeve its just impossible:cry::cry:

Hi sunny yes I've had a lot funny enough Mr halstead did my band with THG?? I had similar probs to you the NHS took mei on as a medical necessity and I had it repositioned in January under Mr ammoris team in Salford due to a pouch and a slip unfortunately I know have oesophageal dilation so am empty again I've had enough I've put over half my weight back on and been through three years of hell so I've taken the plunge taken a loan I'll struggle to pay and booked a sleeve. Whereabouts in the country are you cos I could have got it done for £7500 if I didn't have to have my band removed and Dr Chris in Belgium was under £5000 xxx

hi, from the north west, the thing is i don't really fancy going abroad, "just in case",
where can you get it done for that price? you and i are in the exactly the same situation:cry::cry:

It's with same surgeon Nicci had prof ammori Google his site direct and it's at the Alexander in Manchester he's my NHS surgeon but he will try and talk you into a bypass cos you've had reflux I've ended up going with Mr li at the spire Manchester as he was recommended to me but having to pay more as my band needs removing I could have had that done on NHS but don't really want two more ops if I can help it I'm in the northwest too xxx

Ps I considered Belgium but they wanted me have MGB so 3 surgeons three opinions lol I was worried about the just in case as well. The surgeon ive booked with says he will tailor my sleeve size around the problems I've had to avoid more so fingers crossed I'll b ok as the other ops weren't really for me deep down i wanted to stay with my band
It's nice to To speak to someone in the same bad situation xxx

My husband doesn't want me to go through another wls, he reckons I can do it by myself, I think because I was so ill and was hospitalized a couple of times and nobody at my hospital really new anything about gastric banding they had to get in touch with another hospital found a surgeon that worked for the NHS but also works private, he told me he hates gastric bands and now won't fit them if he can help it, way to many problems with them. I've got 3 stone to lose again so gonna try my god dam hardest to do it, it goes on so quickly, and so hard to get rid of .xx

Back