• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

worried

BigEll

Ok just read somebody else's post about "normal food" and worried I've ballsed things up here...

My plan from the surgeon said i can eat normal food 4-5 week after surgery.
Obviously avoiding certain things like bread etc.

Also been told - chew everything to death, take a minute between bites, use a tea spoon, don't drink with meals, wait an hour after eating before drinking.

For example yesterday i ate, half a small banana for break fast, an activia yogurt, tuna pasta and peppers for lunch, then for tea salad cucumber and chicken. all very small portions obviously.

Not too sure about sleeve...

But with us banders we follow the 20/20/20 rule
Chew for 20 wait 20 eat for 20 mins and leave food after that time

Normal food for us at your stage is crunchy stage

So what do you think you have done wrong looks Ok

Go take another peek in the sleevers section and see what they say you should be eating they say

Every plan is different, you're following yours and sounds like you're tolerating it well. I'm 4 weeks out and on soft foods for about another week and then I can start introducing normal foods. It sounds similar to yours.

Every team give different guide lines.
Yours is similar to mine. I was eating almost everything (except bread and pasta) 5 weeks post op. I introduced one new food at the time in order to check if I tollerated it.
I was told not to drink 30 mins. before and after meals and to have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.
I was also told to keep prots intake as high as possible.

My plan is 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks soft pureed food, then anything but keep protein high and chocolate to a minimum (spoilsports!!) Sounds like you are doing ok xxx

If you can take it BigEll then eat it but in very small quantities. You're doing better than I did with solids but as long as you're losing weight.

Back