• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food cravings after bypass/banding

Janeywanttoloosealot

Okay i really thought after having my bypass that i would crave sweet things as a self confessed choc a holic amongst other things. I have never once craved anything sweet since my op the 8th March. But i do crave potatoes no matter how they come boiled, mashed, roast, new cannot get enough of them. Does anybody else have any cravings they did not exspect since their op?:confused::confused:

nearly 3wks post bypass op and my craving is for a nice simple ham sandwich!!!! what makes it worse is with this lovely weather everyone seems to be out on picnics eating ham sandwiches! life can be so cruel!!
lisa xxx

nearly 3wks post bypass op and my craving is for a nice simple ham sandwich!!!! what makes it worse is with this lovely weather everyone seems to be out on picnics eating ham sandwiches! life can be so cruel!!
lisa xxx

Oh i know just what you mean everywhere i go or anybody i stop and talk to seem to be having potatoes in some form or other i am positively dribbling here from the thought.:D

Janey at least you are craving something you are allowed to eat. The surgeon must have had a chat to your brain and stomach during surgery. lol.

saying that janey i think my first wk after surgery i was craving a lovely hot fluffy jacket potato, then it went to a ham sarnie and now its starting to sway to a spag bol!!!! so your cravings may soon change!
lisa xxx

im a bander and i want "pickled onions" :p but i cant have em :mad:

The only things I want and miss are Nachos with sour cream, salsa and Guacmole loaded with Jalapeno chillis Mmmm do you think I will ever be able to eat them again???? And sometimes would love a subway sandwich with sweet onion Teriachi Chicken all the salad and Chipolte sauce on the top Mmmm. Oh well will have corned beef mash if not.

Last edited:
ooh corned beef mash...that sounds really nice, can't wait till I can try sloppies next week :drool:

Back