• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food diary may help me!

phatmomma

Was thinking putting my food diary on here may help me as my weight isn't shifting! If you have any thoughts about what i'm eating please feel free to comment on it! I've made a concerted effort and probably doubled my fluid intake today

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled and approx 1 inch Mattesons smoked sausage.

Lunch: (please note was out and about so sort of made do with a 'healthy' option on the run - so very out of character) Was a packet of 'Go Ahead' fruit biscuits (bit like Garibaldi) approx 160 cals for the little pack and also 1 plum.

Dinner: Broccoli & Cauli cheese with 1 skinless chicken thigh (absolutely stuffed now)

Fluids: 6 mugs of tea, 3 nas squash, 1 cappucino & 1 coffee..... May have more later but doing pdg so far i thought.

Snacks: Got some caramel snack a jacks for later to fill a gap and also give me the sweetness i seem to have today!

Hi Julie, great idea.
I've just one comment: I'm surprised you could manage 2 eggs and that bit of sausage as well.
It seems like a lot. But of course it's early days for me as yet.

Lol Charis it was an inch of sausage... I am 2 months ahead of you surgery wise. I will say i was very satisfied after, probably why just having a go ahead and a plum stuffed me for lunch!

hi julie.. hope your well! im 9 months out and i cant eat 2 eggs at a time. this is what i have on a normal day..

b.. some shreddies or a piece of toast with p/nut butter..

l.. 1/2 bbq wrap from boots (shapers) if im on the run.. i sometimes have some shapers crisps 2 but i eat 1/2 the wrap at lunch then have the other half as my afternoon snack..

d.. ill have maybe chicken, salad and jacket pot.. or chicken in black bean sauce.. love fillet steak with pepper sauce and chips done in the actifry aswell.. yum

this is a big eating day for me 2.. i really struggle to eat over 700 calories most days..

i do drink alot thou now. either.. ribean really light or (i know this is bad) high juice! i dont drink hot drinks x

I can manage 2 eggs easy, this morning I had a 2 eggs, 4 mushrooms omelette for breakfast filled me up nicely

i can eat most things just not bread.. o god that hurts! x

Kirsty i'm trying to cut out the carbs, hence i'm having the eggs for breakfast. Today i made omelette and only used one egg... I do find they give me a discomfort but it's not from sticking it's wind i think... I'll post today's intake later, am still concentrating on getting the fluids down me as i'm sure this will help me!

I think I am 2 weeks or so ahead of you and although I could possible push 2 eggs down I find that amount would make me uncomfortable.

Yesterday I had
Breakfast - V small bowl shreddies with milk and sugar

Lunch hard boiled egg salad with salad cream

Afternoon snack - another hard boiled egg mashed with LF mayo. (Can you tell I have free range chickens in my garden.)

Dinner 1 sausage and salad
1 nectarine

Evening snack another sausage

2 x Glasses of orange juice and lots of cups of tea.

I can eat more on other days but not much more. I do feel that I should be having more calcium in the way of milk but seem to have gone off it for a while (maybe it was that pre milk diet - LOL) Oh I usually have chicken or fish for protein and it was the first time I had tried sausage and they were very meaty ones.

Hope that helps.

How did you go on with the caramel snack a jacks julie , iv only tried them once and they made me dump big style and im not a sesitive dumper at all, your calorie in take does not seem bad at all but keeping a food log does seem to help iv been doing one this week and its surprizing the things we miss when you look back on it x

i dont eat many carbs all the time julie but when i have a week or so off my diet and just have what i want.. hence loadsa carbs.. when i go back to restricting them to weekends.. i find i lose loads quickly. x

Saturdays food:

Breakfast: one egg omelette with ham, tomatoes and cheese

Lunch: (Sainsburys light choice) jacket with cream cheese n chives, plum

Tea: Was at a party and it was buffet so.... 1/4 cheese n tom sandwich (brown bread), little mini spring roll, cheese n pineapple on sticks and a naughty jam shortbread thing.. Also had a teeny teaspoon of naughty cheesecake off my friends bowl... I know very naughty but i just got my period and my hormones were shouting for something sweet. Pre op id have shovelled the cakes n biscuits down, so i'm not beating myself up at all over it....

Oh yes and i drunk copious amounts of tea n coffee as well as 3 pints of nas squash, 2 smaller glasses of nas squash and 2 bottles of really light ribena! Am really upping the fluids....

your doing great think i would have had to run outside with the cheescake i love it ooooooooooo i miss it lol

Sue before my op i was very anal about people that had the 'odd' treat. But as someone on here said they had their ops to be normal and to be normal it means having a treat once in a while but in moderation! Unfortunately it also means getting off your butt and exercising lol :) xx

Julie, it sounds like you're doing great!

I would have the odd treat too, but I am terrified of dumping so it wont be anything sweet. BUt I do eventually hope to be 'normal' LOL....actually come to think of it I don't think I've ever been normal!

Unfortunately Charis the few sweet things i've tried have not made me dump! I will not try chocolate as if that also fails to make me dump i fear reaching for it in times of emotional need.....

Saying that i'm chuffed that it was totm and i wasn't ready to wrestle a grizzly bear for a mars bar :) That in itself is an achievement xx

Unfortunately Charis the few sweet things i've tried have not made me dump! I will not try chocolate as if that also fails to make me dump i fear reaching for it in times of emotional need.....

Saying that i'm chuffed that it was totm and i wasn't ready to wrestle a grizzly bear for a mars bar :) That in itself is an achievement xx

LOL you're not kidding! I would normally walk to the Arctic and back for chocolate at that time! (or better still, send hubby out LOL)

I'm sorry you don't dump...it's a useful tool in the WLS arsenal. I think I only have the once and then it was mild, but enough to make me feel paranoid about risking it again. I'm driving my family mad with the 'how much sugar has it got' question about EVERYTHING I eat!

I'm with you on no trying chocolate. I was saying to hubby yesterday that I'm going to regard chocolate in the same way I would heroin! ie I'm not having any!

i have sweet things now.. i used to dump really bad but if its just a small amount im ok now. i actually have everything i used to just smaller amounts. apart from bread thats the onloy thing i cant have atm x

What you're eating seems okay calorie wise to me. I eat about 800-1000 kcals a day and weight loss is quite steady (about 2lbs a week). Back at your stage I still had lots of stalls though but they shifted when I just tried to stick to meat and fish - still don't have many carbs.

Watch out for those caramel snack a jacks though. Like Rybens I dumped on those and quickly threw the rest of the packet out. I'm fine on the cheese or sour cream ones though.

Nope LisaG i didn't dump on the snack a jacks :(

Am addressing the carbs and trying to avoid like the plague. I do 1000 cals daily with ease i think! Am determined to get this weight moving again, it's so demoralising when you dont lose. However, i'm avoiding the scales like the plague now. I have my post op check Sept 10th where i'm sure i'll be weighed. Otherwise its once a month for me from now on, if i can resist that is :) x

Back