• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

food/fill/restriction

sunny69

I now have 5mls in my band and am back on normal food yet i still feel no restriction but now cannot eat chicken, rice , bread they just get stuck in my chest so is this possible to happen without any restriction?
xx

It sounds to me like you do have a level of restriction with those foods getting stuck, maybe it just doesn't feel how you think it would feel, and maybe with just a little more fill, you will feel full from other foods :) this is the sort of restriction I feel rather than being really tight x when is your next fill? Whats your dietician advised you? Do you count calories or keep a food diary?

I now have 5mls in my band and am back on normal food yet i still feel no restriction but now cannot eat chicken, rice , bread they just get stuck in my chest so is this possible to happen without any restriction?
xx

Thats a bit contradictory Sunny lol

Can you explain why you think you have no restriction?

You do have restriction otherwise you would be able to eat anything. In truth why would you want to though :confused:

Most banders (banded around the time I was) were advised not to eat bread rice or pasta post op because they can swell in the pouch and cause discomfort. Also to avoid chicken etc until 3 months out. It may be that you wont be able to tolerate some meats until you are a bit further out.

Its all a big learning curve, my advice dont push things by trying to eat things that have caused you problems. Take things very slowly, eat band friendly foods and relax xx

well yesterday i had wheetaflakes for breakfast and i was still starving (half a bowl full) couldn't wait any longer had a seafood salad wrap for dinner 11 am went down well, still bloody starving, tea time had a salmon skewer with new potatoes could of eaten more i do not feel full after a meal but yet certain things get stuck, i do drink plenty of water throughout the day.
xx

Ok - well cereals are slider foods Sunny, they wont keep you full for long unless you have something like a thick low fat yoghurt with some stirred in for example.

Your other choices sound fine though but are you having enough calories?

If not maybe you could have some fruit mid morning to delay your lunch. Adding a side salad to your wrap, or adding more veg to your evening meal, then eating the potatos last xx

Thats a bit contradictory Sunny lol

Can you explain why you think you have no restriction?

You do have restriction otherwise you would be able to eat anything. In truth why would you want to though :confused:

Most banders (banded around the time I was) were advised not to eat bread rice or pasta post op because they can swell in the pouch and cause discomfort. Also to avoid chicken etc until 3 months out. It may be that you wont be able to tolerate some meats until you are a bit further out.

Its all a big learning curve, my advice dont push things by trying to eat things that have caused you problems. Take things very slowly, eat band friendly foods and relax xx

I know what your saying Maz , but after a seafood salad wrap which was filled with plenty of salad which was eaten of the course of 20 mins , take a bite put it down do something else take another bite, i thought it would have filled me up but i still felt bloody hungry after it, you see this is what i thought would happen " i'd eat a portion of something that i would have thought would have been filling and feel reasonably full but i dont"
as for trying chicken, rice, bread its just trial and error as i am 3 months post op and certainly wont try them again. but after having a portion of normal food like salmon and new potatoes i would expect to feel at least some restriction (at least a little full) but no i dont and i could of eaten a lot more but chose not to as i do not want to push my pouch to the limit.
so yes any advice is greatly appreciated ,
xxx

Sounds like the reason your still hungry too fewer calories, we can all scoff salads etc but the calorific intake is very minimal hun - Wishing you all the best. x

5ml didn't do it for me...I stopped portions not my band, but I never went hungry either so what about an elevenses snack etc. satsumas have been known to fill me at that stage bizarrely! Just try and avoid the spuds and opt for veggies if you want to keep your weight loss going.

I used to have 1 slice of weightwatchers brown Danish bread toasted for breakfast maybe with a poached egg on...try something like that maybe?

How much do you drink? Sometimes I think I am still hungry straight after a meal but I just need to wait for my head to catch up with my stomach but if still feel hungry I have a large glass of water then wait very rarely I still hungry afterwards. Yet I cam eat any type of food I want... just a thought.

How much do you drink? Sometimes I think I am still hungry straight after a meal but I just need to wait for my head to catch up with my stomach but if still feel hungry I have a large glass of water then wait very rarely I still hungry afterwards. Yet I cam eat any type of food I want... just a thought.

i drink at least 2ltrs a day and if i go out anywhere i take a couple of bottles with me.xx

Back