• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food For Thought

northernwoody

Just over halfway through this course now and I have to say its very good. The dietician is part of my consultants bariatric team and she is nice. We have a physio who also comes in and we end the session with an exercise class which is great!

It has a mix of people all attending for various reasons and everyone is nice, which helps a great deal.

However because of this there is no course content in line with those there for bariatric surgery. For instance, we covered drinks and alcohol last night. The sp nurse asked me to start coming off fizzy drinks in prep for the future, but there was no mention that these would be a no no for bariatric people.

I suspect they don't want to draw attention to people but info such as this wound be useful, even in a hand out.

What experiences have others had?

Hi

Your weight management sounds a lot more active than mine. Mine involves having an appointment with a dietician and then a physician every 2-3months.

My dietician helped me loads. Glad you are finding yours is helping you.

Well you team be doing any bariatric focused days?

Back