• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On the Food Reintroduction plan and floundering

Suffolk Joy

I am need of some help and inspiration. I am not sure what is happening and where I am in the system / process and just feel utterly lost. It feels as though L&D tell you what the next step is and keep you in the dark for the rest. I have done the 4 week milk diet, lost the 9 kg I should have. At the last appointment on 6 Dec I saw the psychologist and dietitian. Psychologist said she was okay for me to progress. The dietitian was brief and gave me a reintroduction diet of 900 cal / day and I am struggling with that.

In comparison the milk diet offered no choice and I didn't have to worry about too much or not enough. In fact I am now struggling to eat at all. I am so disinterested, making meals and not eating them and lost, it makes me want to cry. I have a deflated band in-situ that is coming out when I have my op but I am back to being sick unless I have my pre-milk diet which is not a healthy balanced diet. I have been given a date for an appointment on 26th Jan to see "Ms A Bariatric Mdt (non-consultant) - General Surgery Consultant or another member of the General Surgical team". Any one understand that or what the appointment may be for? Should I call the bariatric team at Luton and ask what the appointment is for. It doesn't say anything about seeing an anesthetist. I am so down and am really worried about putting the 9 kg back on over the Christmas period.

x

Sorry to hear of your struggles I would get in touch with your team to A- find out about this appointment and B- seek advise
I wish you better times ahead x

I second @los in it 's suggestion. only your team can advise you on what comes next as everywhere does it differently. I don't have much interest in food generally either beyond its protein content but do you think the way you feel is linked to the way you feel emotionally? You sound fed up, understandably. I loved the milk diet for the lack of choice so imagine I'd struggle too in your shoes. I really hope your team can support and advise you x

Back