• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food Funerals.....

I had a coffee frappucino light yesterday - 85 calories and 3g protein!

Yes but what about sugar? I am diabetic.. So not suppose to have them anyway. And if i end up with bypass.. The dumping might hit me if i indulge on frappucino! ;) :)

I'm having a bypass. Which is why in having my food funerals now. I'm not pigging out, I'm having much smaller portions and still within my count and still losing weight.

I just want to have things I know I will miss and probably won't be able to have afterwards.

Sounds stupid but I'm having food funerals. I'm saying goodbye to things I won't be able to have again (at least not how I used to eat them).

I'm due to start the Liver Diet in 2 weeks and have my bypass 2 weeks after that. I know I can never eat some of these things again. Thinner and healthier wins over food and drink every time in the long run.

Did anyone else do this or am I going mad?

Not mad at all i'e only just joined tonight and reading this put my mind at ease. I got the call last Friday to say my operation would be 2nd Sept, so the food funerals commenced. Lol. LSD commences next Tuesday and to be honest i'm looking forward to it, although I am scared too

I'm having a bypass. Which is why in having my food funerals now. I'm not pigging out, I'm having much smaller portions and still within my count and still losing weight.

I just want to have things I know I will miss and probably won't be able to have afterwards.

I thought i saw that you were having bypass. :) and its ok you dont need to explain. You do as you feel you need doing it! :) and i totally understand. I dont even think its the 'food funeral' ;) as when you say that everyone thinks you are binging or pigging out! :)

To be honest, i think it shows how strong you have become as you can have something you like and not piggout on it! :)

There might be people who think in different way or choose to act differently than you are, but no one should judge you for enjoying a bit of the things you like. :)

Oh yes! I am planing to have a frappucino from starbucks!!

The bottled frappucinos and cafe mochas are something I thought I would miss post-operation. Then I discovered some low-cal alternatives to make on your own.

There's quite a few sites out there with "recipes" for it, but essentially instead of chocolate syrups, use sugar-free chocolate ovaltine.

Here's a couple, just make the substitutes for low-cal versions where necessary (apologies, they seem to be mostly American, but easy enough to translate to UK measurements)

Guilt-free Mocha Iced Coffee | Better Recipes

Healthy Caffe Mocha Recipe | Yummly

Ovaltine Mocha Recipe - Food.com

The bottled frappucinos and cafe mochas are something I thought I would miss post-operation. Then I discovered some low-cal alternatives to make on your own.

There's quite a few sites out there with "recipes" for it, but essentially instead of chocolate syrups, use sugar-free chocolate ovaltine.

Here's a couple, just make the substitutes for low-cal versions where necessary (apologies, they seem to be mostly American, but easy enough to translate to UK measurements)

Thanks for the recipes.

I know i will find the new things i will love. I have a feeling i might miss the experience of going into starbucks, picking up an icy cold coffee based caramel frappucino no cream on top rather than the flavour/drink itself :) :) :) but i can go into starbucks and get a bottle of water for the experience :) :) :) :)

I went to Starbucks earlier in the week for the Frappucino light:) If I want sugar free in there I order a tall iced latte with soy milk (I'm lactose intolerant) and some sugarfree vanilla or hazelnut syrup, it's tastes like a "naughty" treat but it's not!

Last edited:
I DID plan to have a food funeral today ,chicken curry and rice and was all geared up to swing by my favourite take away buy it ,I could taste it in my mouth ....but didn't get off the bus and haven't missed it! its such a strange but great feeling to want something but not need it and to also not miss it so that's it no food funeral for me !I will eat as I have been doing and will still say to myself "Do you want it or need it?" as I find it works most of the time
good luck to those who do a food funeral

Don't deapair about missing your fav foods I am 3 months post bypass and I can eat bread, cheese and pate in small quantities. I hope you will be able to do the same too.

I can see a few not so healthy meals in my future as my surgery approaches. Not proud of that tbh lol

Back